PKA Temperature Rising sound issue possibly

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Kit-Kat

VIP Gold Member
Mar 16, 2022
Hi all

We recently bought from discogs, decent seller this https://www.discogs.com/master/98357-PKA-Powergen-Only-Your-Love
We noticed that it sounds awfully distorted in Temperature Rising and we were wondering if anyone else noticed this in their copy or is this a bad record we've bought?

I post the link from my google drive which has a 30 second sample of the track recorded with an ortofon concorde mk 2 stylus

Let me know i may need to get another copy

Thanks so much
Kitkat

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
I’ll check mine tomoz kk n let u know..

got a few pka tunes though I don’t remember any issues with the press .. stress top label and
normally decent press

Kit-Kat

VIP Gold Member
Mar 16, 2022
Hi brady i thought it could be my numark mixer but i tried it on another deck seperate from my dj equip its still distorted plus its the only one i've got an issue with no other record has this issue

Reactions: brady

Kit-Kat

VIP Gold Member
Mar 16, 2022
Hmmm did I get a bad copy? It does sound distorted in the clip doesn't it!

Kit-Kat

VIP Gold Member
Mar 16, 2022
Hi Brady we checked ours are A2 B2. Really good point we were expecting to see A1 B1 but I'm afraid not.

Jack G played his copy for me and it also sounded distorted so I guess there was some problem around mastering

Reactions: brady
Just checked mine & mine is distorted on Temperatures Rising

My copy is a blue label https://www.discogs.com/release/3677186-PKA-Powergen-Only-Your-Love

& also bizarrely A side etching is 12 PKA 12 (with the 2 scratched out) A2 with Andy 92 & & side B only has 12 PKA 1 B2

Hope this helps... also this is the copy of Temperature's Rising to get IMO :D

Also this

I know single-sided is both a waste of vinyl & cube space but it's cool :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 17.33.04.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 17.33.04.png
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 17.32.55.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 17.32.55.png
    952 KB · Views: 14

Kit-Kat

VIP Gold Member
Mar 16, 2022
Just checked mine & mine is distorted on Temperatures Rising

My copy is a blue label https://www.discogs.com/release/3677186-PKA-Powergen-Only-Your-Love

& also bizarrely A side etching is 12 PKA 12 (with the 2 scratched out) A2 with Andy 92 & & side B only has 12 PKA 1 B2

Hope this helps... also this is the copy of Temperature's Rising to get IMO :D

Also this

I know single-sided is both a waste of vinyl & cube space but it's cool :)
Thanks so much for all that information Shooms I really appreciate it. So sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. It's good to know it's not just our copy that is distorted and thank you so much for the links of the copys to get. I'll keep and eye out for them and get one when i can :)
Thanks again for all your help