pith adj

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
was avin a wee mix b4 and decided to alter the pitch adj thats under the platter on thr technik dek on both of em to full wak.
when i had me old dex i had them on ful lor nearly full most of the time but since i got some new ones i aint botherd because ive heard in the past that it aint good for the dek.is there any truth in this?
also,and i me probebly imagening it,they dont seem to pitch up as easily when at full wak.or is it just me:S
would be curios to know what peeps have got thers set to aswell:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Presuming Ed

I used to find they drfited more when pitched up to +16, and i think the fact that smaller incremental movements of the pitch fader cause greater pitch shifts than at the normal setting, can make getting the pitch spot on more difficult. Probably best not messed about with, but i couldn't resist when i had my mkIIs, and it was the only way i could mix some tunes as they were too slow. Ed

dazz m

Mar 13, 2006
sunny morecambe
yeah mate, ive got mine pitched at about +12 and theyre more than ok. allthough it is a bit harder to get the pitch right as you have to be more precise. and like presuming-ed said, better to pitch them up a bit,otherwise you cannot mix some oldskool tunes together as theyre too slow,even on +8.

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
yeah mate, ive got mine pitched at about +12 and theyre more than ok. allthough it is a bit harder to get the pitch right as you have to be more precise. and like presuming-ed said, better to pitch them up a bit,otherwise you cannot mix some oldskool tunes together as theyre too slow,even on +8.

yeah thats what bought it about was trying to mix airport 89 into x-sample=you got the love.....not happning:| :| :| ;)

DAMO 72

Aug 11, 2004
giggletown
Hmm, not wanting to sound like an old git( but i am anyways so jog on lol) dont bother adjusting the decks imo. If the tunes dont go they dont go,anything past +4 really changes the key of which the tune was originally written in and in most cases(not all) can make the tunes beats seem that theyre "chasing" each other and thus losing the vibe that was intended by the artist. However some tunes can be abused by pitch,both plus and minus but these arent in abundance.
I'd be doubtfull your decks will not stray whilst in the mix if you fook about with them......
D.

Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
Hmm, not wanting to sound like an old git( but i am anyways so jog on lol) dont bother adjusting the decks imo. If the tunes dont go they dont go,anything past +4 really changes the key of which the tune was originally written in and in most cases(not all) can make the tunes beats seem that theyre "chasing" each other and thus losing the vibe that was intended by the artist. However some tunes can be abused by pitch,both plus and minus but these arent in abundance.
I'd be doubtfull your decks will not stray whilst in the mix if you fook about with them......
D.

Well said, I was going to adjust mine a while back when I got them because I had a similar problem with mixing tunes... I just started playing tunes at the right speed and you learn what goes with what well :)

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I just started playing tunes at the right speed and you learn what goes with what well :)

I have a couple of Italian gems that are made at about 110bpm. They're mint tunes and speeded up a bit they sound even minter. No way I could fit them into a set that was going about 130bpm.

I'm all for speeding decks up. Means you can play more tunes. :thumbsup:

MPC

Apr 20, 2007
I have a couple of Italian gems that are made at about 110bpm. They're mint tunes and speeded up a bit they sound even minter. No way I could fit them into a set that was going about 130bpm.

I'm all for speeding decks up. Means you can play more tunes. :thumbsup:

Totally agree:thumbsup:

glenn

Feb 3, 2003
blackpool
cheerz fot the info peeps:thumbsup: have toned em down a bit now was never gonna keep on full whak as the mixes do drift .got em in the"10 past" position at the mo;) ust until i do this mix,then back to normall;)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Sell your old Technics and buy the newer model...

Technics SL1210MK5G's (30th anniversary versions)

They have +/- 8/16 selectable

No messing with internal gubbins then and they have a nicer finish ;)

sl1210M5G%202.jpg

:hubba:

MPC

Apr 20, 2007
Am I right in thinking that with the technics mk 5's reset button you can just move the pitch slider to the top press reset & then you'll have upto +16 with no problems with the beats wandering as said earlier in this thread?