pitch on the Technics MK5

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Presuming Ed

No they are set up as +/-8, the main benefit of the pitch as with mk3s is they are dipless, which is a real niggle for me with the mk2s. You can adjust the pitch to +16 on any technics deck, by removing the platter, and the cover under the platter and moving the blue rotary pot (with an arrow) from the 12o'clock position to 3 o'clock. This then makes the pitch +16 (but I'm not sure of the long term effects on the motor). Ed

You may mean the technics 1210 mk5g

4524a443bdb3a5adf27d3d380d42e8a2.jpg

I've got a pair of these babies n I love em to death :love:

not only can you switch between +/- 8 to +/- 16 at a press of a button, all lighting is a very sexy blue colour :love:

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Selectable by a button between either +/- 8 or 16 on the newer MK5's/MK5G's.

If you can afford the MK5G's they come with a nice pattern, bit like marbeling in the design and blue led lights :thumbsup:

I always thought the pitch on 1210's MK2's was only adjustable to a max of +/- 12

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
I've had the Stanton STR8-150's which have +8, 25 & 50% button to set the pitch slider (& also have 'sexy' blue lights)

The motors also 3 times stronger than a technics so when you move your pitch it gets up/down to speed far faster, never thought i'd say it after 8yrs of technics but i much prefer these decks! They are only about £670 a pair now too (I paid £800 a coupla years ago when they first came out :S )

45594486ee010c361.bmp

Buzz

Nov 7, 2005
Not far from Tesco's
I was gonna buy a pair of mk5g's originally but then thought "dont be a twat youve never had decks and have never mixed" so i went for 1210 mk2 as the sensible option, i wish i could always be as sensible as that :S

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
blue jammer said:
Straight tone-arm just looks wrong though :D
they are avalible with either straigh5t or curved tone arms and i must admit after ten minites adjusting they really are the only serious contender to tecnics i've ever been on but i'm set in my ways and technics will always be number 1 to me
as for adjusting your mark two's dont do it :naughty: i did it and ended up f*cking the pitch sliders and i had to get them replaced and recalibrated and tbh they have never been the same since i keep meaning to put them into a proper place for a service and to have them checked out but just never get round to it
i know htfr used to do those kits for changing the lcds to blue and make them play in reverse but i also heard they f*ck them too as the motors are not meant to play in reverse
i have played on a set of mk5gs and must say they are a seriuos piece of kit they are a pleasure to use i dont know if its my imagination but everything seems much tighter and the pitch more accurate without that nasty bit around plus/minus 1 that the mk2's have

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Shooms said:
You may mean the technics 1210 mk5g

4524a443bdb3a5adf27d3d380d42e8a2.jpg

I've got a pair of these babies n I love em to death :love:

not only can you switch between +/- 8 to +/- 16 at a press of a button, all lighting is a very sexy blue colour :love:

The most awefull technics ever....very cheesy and very very tacky looking sorry....its just dale the disc jus got some and i think they are terrible...

BadBoyDJPigeon

Apr 9, 2004
newton heath
www.myspace.com
it don't matter what the decks look like, it's how they perform that matters and the tunes that go on em, and sum off ya's ruin ya decks with the tunes that you play.
Whats the point of having bonnie looking decks if you put sh1t records on em:p ;) ;)

kells&tots

Jun 11, 2004
Leeds
Shooms said:
in your opinion fella ;) it's all down to a matter of taste & style... you've either got it or you ain't ;)

couldnt agree more my man.....deffo about the style thing hehe (only kidding) they just look very plastic when you see them in real compaired to the pics, a bit like a toy or a citronic deck, like u say its my opinion...and i personally cant see what the point in all the silly lights and glitter is? aint it about the mixin whats going on with them and not the looks?? deffo not worth the extra cash...
I just dont think the raw look of the original can be beaten ever????!!!!

again...jus my worthless opinion...:cool:

kells&tots said:
couldnt agree more my man.....deffo about the style thing hehe (only kidding) they just look very plastic when you see them in real compaired to the pics, a bit like a toy or a citronic deck, like u say its my opinion...and i personally cant see what the point in all the silly lights and glitter is? aint it about the mixin whats going on with them and not the looks?? deffo not worth the extra cash...
I just dont think the raw look of the original can be beaten ever????!!!!

again...jus my worthless opinion...:cool:

I personally reck they are tighter than any mk 1 or mk 2's I've played on - they lock solid once beat matched... no wavering - the platter is dead torquey too...

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
If I were buying again i'd probably go for the Stanton ST-150'S;)

ST-150 SPEC

This turntable has everything a professional DJ needs.

The ST150 (standard S shaped tone arm) is built first, and foremost with quality in mind.

This model offers durable construction designed to minimize feedback, industry leading torque motor - up to 4.5 Kgf-cm, and an ultra stable platter and tone arm.

Other features include: key correction, reverse, up to 50% pitch adjustment, and S/PDIF digital outputs.

Features:

# World's strongest torque motor (4.5 Kgf-cm)
# Heavy duty steel construction
# Ultra stable platter and tone arm
# Start / brake speed adjustment
# Digital output [S/PDIF] plugs straight into CDR or computer sound card
# Key correction
# Selectable phono or line output (key correction will work on line output only)
# Dual start / stop buttons
# Height adjustable tone arm
# Reverse play
# 3 speeds (33, 45, 78)
# Quartz lock
# Selectable pitch control (+/- 8%, 25%, 50%)
# Motor off feature
# Removable target light
# Adjustable feet
# Includes Stanton 680HP cartridge mounted on headshell

Last edited: