Piano Chords & melodies for oldskool tunes

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Art Awreet

Jan 12, 2007
London
I recently got hold of a second hand piano, and have been learning music from scratch just for fun - must say it is great and can recommend it. I have made good progress too, in just a few months (helped I think from having a keen interest in house and being amateur DJ back in the day). Ultimately I want to be able to play the oldskool house and disco classics and I am keen to get hold of some of the basic chords and melodies for the big oldskool house classics. Can anyone recommend any books or websites etc? I've found very little on this subject.

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
Maybe send a PM to Ilovepiano (Tim) and see if he would be kind enough to give u some info/advice

Tim is a member here and has produced some mint old skool style tracks and can obviously play the classics:thumbsup:

Must admit be nice to have those skill in your locker:cool:

dorisboyd

May 26, 2013
Hello there,

The Fastest, Easiest Way to Learn to Play from Sheet Music. This is fairly good for a beginner. It avoids the trap of being overly complicated. It covers the important areas including creating chords, melody, harmony, and a handful of other elements. This operates at a moderate pace, but does not get too detailed about the advanced areas of musical theory.