Permenant Marker on vinyl

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
If its marker on the label, and the label is w/label use burtex, if its on a printed/coloured label, its pretty hard to remove unless its on the white coloured bit, then use burtex! The warmth of ur finger rubbin it may remove it

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Are you on about the paper inner or the 'run out' just before it?.

If its on the plastic run out you could try getting another permanent marker pen and if you write exactly over whatevers there and rub it with your finger whilst its still kinda 'wet' it sometimes comes off.
Its true. Ive never done it on vinyl, but Ive seen it work at college when some of the lads swapped a teachers 'whiteboard' pens with permanent ones during breaktime, he was packing it when it wouldnt rub off lol. Anyway one of the techies suggested going over it and rubbing it - and it worked, the jammy sod :).
Test it out before you go mad though, and maybe more safe than industrial strength VinylRot (tm) cleaners lol.
If its on the paper, youre pretty well pissing in the wind Im afraid.

Sirius.

DJFANTAZIA

Nov 21, 2001
Warrington
Ha ha LOL@ Zoneraver - I take it youve been buying from Luccashop in Italy.:p

I got a few FPI and DJH tunes with that gold writing on the inside, just out side the label, but before the actual tune (the smooth plastic bit where the cat numbers are).

Just get some mr Sheen on it and Give it a good scrub, it worked fine on mine.

Failing that bleach is good, ..seriOUsly..., but dont get it on the label, the vinyl can take it, but the paper will go tits up.:bj:

Best sticking with mr sheen and a bit of elbow grease though.

Dave

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

ben g

Nov 10, 2002
Westhoughton : )'
Zoneraver said:
Ive got a record which has gold marker...or paint or whatever on the inner record out section which i wanna get rid of

anyone any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Mikeys you might know as you got some tunes from the same batch

id have ago myself but if it goes wrong i will have lost a REALLY rare vinyl

LA Flowers "You Got (Star of my life)"

Alan

it doesn't say 'Ketchup' by any chance does it........