Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Both Just As Good

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
What tracks do you think are best as a whole? Piano City Productions or the Trotter's series? Both involve the same producers and/or production styles but sound slightly different to each other. Who's body of work comes out on top?

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Both are fuckin shockingly shite imo - I wish I had 2 pairs of hands so I could those tracks 4 thumbs down.... not a fan.

LOL have you turned into me ?

:D

I was thinking what you've put, but thought no point in putting it as it'd only wind easty up :mad:

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
lol. i like em both. but rekon trotters may jus edge it. without your love n sing for unity n closer rip heads off. then again pump this party and together prolly do so even more. so il change my original thought and say em both

u shud have put the poll for under 30's only grimmy mate all the coffin dodgers dont like owt with a faster beat ;)

lol :D

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
Yeah, its a dead heat for me too. I love PCP 1 & 2. I also love quite a few tunes off the Trotters vinyls so I guess I can't vote. D'oh, should have put a "Both just as good" option on the poll:S :condom:

GRIMMY

Aug 19, 2002
Manchester
get-me.to
i was never so keen on 1. dont think i got a copy tbh. which track dya prefer off it dood?

The 3rd track, Pump The Bass. I love it when the bass kicks in. I licked it the first time I played it to see if it tasted like an orange. Unfortunately, it didn't:(

I can't decide on my best Trotter's track out of them. A few of them are equally good I'd say. My favourite PCP track tho is definately Together on PCP2! Quality!

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
u shud have put the poll for under 30's only grimmy mate all the coffin dodgers dont like owt with a faster beat ;)

We can't keep up with these new fangled beats...

gumbi.gif

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield

lol :D

I was thinking that when i saw the thread lol. I love both series of work tbh and most of pianomans other releases. Only trotter i dont have is a volume 5 and volume 6 after that they have all gone to garagey for my liking.

A question for ya. You lot that have closer. Do you have it on volume 6 or that 4 tracker thats out (cant remember name)

Andy

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
PCP 1, 2 and 3 were the best ones imo. After that, I thought it dropped into 95% money making tackle rather than being about the vibe of the old tunes.

I got Trotters 1 and 2, with those other ones doing the rounds at the time that were similar. Again, after the first couple I thought they went utter bobbins.

I guess the style seemed to change at that point, where the scene/genre was again splitting and I couldnt get into the new fangled methodology lol.

Sirius

I'm with Shooms and Blue Jammer on this one I'm afraid - they sound absolutely awful to me now. I did play them at the time they came out, though - had pretty much all the Trotter's and Piano City Productions stuff. Gave it all to my mate Dave when I went off it - had no idea it was worth so much until I joined here! How sick did I feel?!
Also had Sarasota, Crowdpleasers etc - gave the f*cking lot away for nowt (and some Hard House shite like The Committee - 'Welcome' that turned out to fetch boatloads on Fleabay...gutted.) I still maintain it's dross though - sorry! Don't mean to offend anyone that does like it, it's just not my bag any more. Does that mean I'm too old????

Mike :$