Paypal echeques bollocks - heads up

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

coggledots

Aug 11, 2005
Harrogate
My missis has been having the same trouble, she usually pays direct from her bank account through PayPal & all of a sudden the only way she can pay is e-cheque shit way :confused:

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
yep, i had same prob, my old card expired end of Nov and i sent out a load of echeques, people werent happy. The thing is, the card that paypal has on record doesnt have to be the one that ur using, it just needs to be within the valid period. Otherwise they treat the transaction as a standard direct debit request to ur bank (rather than from a debit card), which carries the standard 7-9 days. Pile of shit. :D

My missis has been having the same trouble, she usually pays direct from her bank account through PayPal & all of a sudden the only way she can pay is e-cheque shit way :confused:

That'll be because the guarantee card (debit card she loaded on her profile to open the paypal instant bank xfer) is out of date.

It's proper bollocks

anthonyf218

Jul 31, 2005
Wish everybody would wake up and switch to Google Checkout, or at least offer the option:cool:

agreed, but ive tried getting a few people to use it if theyve bought something from me but generally they're not arsed, prob cos on the face of it to them its only beneficial to the seller so are not boghered about going through the registration etc.

also - didnt the google checkout commission-free period run out at the end of 2007? what comission do they take now?

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I wouldn't know for sure, but I thought they extended the free usage until february, probably because it hasn't grown as quickly as they'd like:thumbsup:

I'm just a buyer, so it doesn't really benefit me really, but i'd rather use other alternatives to Paypal after the shit i've had with them when they forced me to become a verified member after the 750 pound limit paypal uses for debit cards was used:mad:

Sure I read something about Paypal charging buyers soon too, so bring on altenatives from the competition;)

Rewind_2007

Aug 8, 2007
Blackpool
Arr right i sould something on e-bay and still have not recieved the payment it says on my paypal awaiting clearance that must be why you learn something every day.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan