Paul Wain - Venus, Nottingham

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Not sure if this has been shared before or not?
Its a copy from the original as far as i know but it has cleaned up nicely :)

Paul Wain - Venus Nottingham - DJ Of The Month

20240212_141337.jpg

freshly ripped from the tape mines :thumbsup:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Thanks for this Ming trying to figure out if this was recorded in Scotland, can hear the announcer on the b side @44:15 mins say " also Paul Wain from Venus in Nottingham" Not had chance to listen all the way through yet, I think it could be this set below.
Tape 4 https://sbradyman.angelfire.com/bradyman/rhumba-27-12-92.htm

Also what the hell fresh is that track on the b side @ 47:06 supermarket music TV programme :unsure::ROFLMAO:
can also hear someone mumble f ing something @47:15 :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ming The Merciless

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Thanks for this Ming trying to figure out if this was recorded in Scotland, can hear the announcer on the b side @44:15 mins say " also Paul Wain from Venus in Nottingham" Not had chance to listen all the way through yet, I think it could be this set below.

Also what the hell fresh is that track on the b side @ 47:06 supermarket music TV programme :unsure::ROFLMAO:
FFS :ROFLMAO: i must have had the volume off when i ripped the tape :ROFLMAO: no way i wouldn't have cut off the "hells lift music" if i had heard it o_O
the guy who copied this tape must of had some technical issues :rolleyes: looks like i need to trim that one a little!

That was not my handy work for the record :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire

Nice ID by the way (y)

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ive been going through the A side so far it seems to match up with Scott's track list for tape 4 on the Rumba set I linked earlier, but dont have the set Scott has to compare it , @brady could you confirm this is the same set ;)

Reactions: brady

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
thanks for ripping / sharing this Ming ;) appreciated

yup its tape 4 from the Christmas Rhumba 27th Dec 92, I probably would have taken a while to figure that out if it wasnt for the scottish announcer at the end so saved me time searching mentioning that ;)

zooming in on the Top Ten on the cover but its a bit blurry, Ming what does track 7 say on the cover? I cant make that one out it might be the answer to all my wanted IDs lol

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
yup its tape 4 from the Christmas Rhumba 27th Dec 92, I probably would have taken a while to figure that out if it wasnt for the scottish announcer at the end so saved me time searching mentioning that ;)

zooming in on the Top Ten on the cover but its a bit blurry, Ming what does track 7 say on the cover? I cant make that one out it might be the answer to all my wanted IDs lol
I was zooming in on that top 10 also, think it says maz something Dubs ep for track 7

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I don't suppose anybody has got the other 3 sets from this Rhumba night have they? 🙏
all the Rhumba sets were uploaded by Seanie a while back, hopefully the links are still active

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
all the Rhumba sets were uploaded by Seanie a while back, hopefully the links are still active

WOW gonna be all over that lot

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire

Nice one thats a massive collection
i am having no luck getting the downloads to work though 😭

Anyone else having better luck?

Cracked it :axe::head:

Last edited:

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I have to say these Rhumba sets are cracking would of been great to go to one of them.
Did you go to any Scott
criminally I never, and it was regularly voted the best club night in Scotland

the tapes from 92 / 93 when it was held at Citrus Club in Edinburgh are brilliant, standard afters listening material back then

Reactions: chinatownswhite