Paul Oakenfold - Love of Life, July 1995

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

wallabyFC

Aug 17, 2013
www.oakenfoldmixes.com
Got another mix for everyone!

This mix has quite a story. Originally it wasn't quite sure on the internet who did this mix. This was of tape one, which was all we had at that point. Some thought Sasha, some thought Oakenfold. Bitter wars were fought in forums over who this set was actually by haha. It was then realized that only half of the mix was really oakenfold. Then I had made a purchase of a mix down the road and was adding it to oakenfoldmixes.com, and then a very dear friend of mine Darren realized that the two tapes connected! I then connected the two and the tracklist grew up to track 17.

Then earlier this year, I got news from brady that chunky had found another tape that connected with tapes one and two. Analysis and verification was done on everything and all of these tapes do connect! Through further analysis and collaboration between all of us, we found out that we had four tapes that connect. And from the night all of this music was recorded, the lineup that we have on audio is John Digweed, followed up by Paul Oakenfold, and then Sasha after oakey's set. An amazing event it must have been.

Anyway for all you oakey fans, here is oakenfold's part of the night! It's a completely full set, almost two hours to be exact. If it weren't for all the collaboration between these guys, I would have never discovered a lot of the stuff I now know, so massive thanks to Darren, Brady, and Chunky for helping to put the pieces of this puzzle of a mix together.

It's been a real pleasure bringing this to all of you, not to mention myself, as listening to this mix was quite an experience!! Jam & Spoon's odyssey to anyoona never gets old, such a beautiful record. Enjoy :)

Paul Oakenfold - Love of Life, July 1995

01. Grace - Not Over Yet (B.T.'s Spirit Of Grace)
02. Li Kwan - Point Zero (Original Extended Mix)
03. B.T. Featuring Vincent Covello - Loving You More (B.T.'s Garden Of Ima Dub)
04. B.T. Featuring Vincent Covello - Loving You More (B.T.'s Primordial Sound 12" Vocal)
05. Grace - Orange (Original Perfecto Mix)
06. Jam & Spoon - Odyssey To Anyoona
07. Faithless - Salva Mea (Save Me) (Epic Mix)
08. Rollo Goes Mystic - Love, Love, Love - Here I Come (Big Mix)
09. Billie Ray Martin - True Moments Of My World (John Digweed Vocal Mix)
10. The Shaker - Mooncat (Bonesy's Hand & Spear Vocal Mix)
11. The Reese Project - Direct Me (Sasha's 3am Drop Mix)
12. Diva - The Sun Always Shines On TV (Sexy Disco Dub)
13. New Order - Blue Monday (Hardfloor Mix)
14. Marmion - Schöneberg (Marmion Remix)
15. Man With No Name - Floor-Essence (Dayglo Mix)
16. Virus - Sun (Man With No Name Mix)
17. Perfecto Allstarz - Reach Up (Papa's Got A Brand New Pig Bag) (Indian Summer Remix)
18. Finitribe - Love Above (Sourmash Razor-Edged Club NRG Mix)
19. Virus - Sun (Jam El Mar Mix)
20. Man With No Name - Sugar Rush (Original Mix)

Tracklist updated on: January 9, 2013 by wallabyFC

Listen: www.oakenfoldmixes.com/mixes/paul-oakenfold-love-of-life-july-1995

Download this mix: www.mediafire.com/oakenfoldmixes
password: oakenfold

Last edited:

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
Thanks for the mix much appreciated ! Not sure why there would be any doubt about who the dj was looking at playlist! Only oakenfold would play that much perfecto stuff.

Because superwave is an A grade bellend