Paul Oakenfold@Kelly's, N.I, 1995

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ecksemmess

Feb 15, 2005
Got pretty excited, only to find that this is a ripoff of the second hour of his 17 Sept 1995 essential mix -- d'oh! Wish there were more Oakey sets from this period floating around.

Nonetheless, speakerfreak you're an absolute star for all your uploads lately and no amount of appreciation is enough. :D

speakerfreak

Jul 25, 2007
Birmingham
Got pretty excited, only to find that this is a ripoff of the second hour of his 17 Sept 1995 essential mix -- d'oh! Wish there were more Oakey sets from this period floating around.

Nonetheless, speakerfreak you're an absolute star for all your uploads lately and no amount of appreciation is enough. :D

Not sure if that's right, but I'm not much of an expert. They are the same tunes but seem to be in a different order, could just be a set from around the same time. Plus you would be hard pressed to get an hour of the EM without Tongy spouting some bollox or other! Anyway, they're dirty bastards if it is a dodgy rip-off, they would've been knocking this out for a fiver a pop - wish I'd have thought of it at the time!

Chunky

Mar 21, 2006
his goa essential mix from 94 ended up as a 2 cd set minus tongys vocal bits

Paul Oakenfold - The Goa Mix

Yeah that Goa mix. Oakenfold pressed into a load of Cd's and gave them away at Cream in early 1995. Cream also went on to knock out a load more from the original promos and sell them in the Cream shop. He wanted to release it as a genuine CD, but knew he couldn't clear all the samples on it.

Reactions: Mac The Ripper 🍴

ecksemmess

Feb 15, 2005
It's the exact set, sure as I'm sitting here. However before you bash Kellys for the ripoff, consider that it may have gone the other way round! I've heard from people who were at the Perfecto Party at Ku, Ibiza on 1995-09-17 that the essential mix of that date, supposedly live from that event, was bollocks fake... different set from what was actually played that night. Bet he trainwrecked a time or two so they used the Kellys tape! :S

Not sure if that's right, but I'm not much of an expert. They are the same tunes but seem to be in a different order, could just be a set from around the same time. Plus you would be hard pressed to get an hour of the EM without Tongy spouting some bollox or other! Anyway, they're dirty bastards if it is a dodgy rip-off, they would've been knocking this out for a fiver a pop - wish I'd have thought of it at the time!