Pass on ur pearls of wisdom....

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
Right here's my thinking....:

We've all learnt/discovered things over the years that have improved our lives... Stuff we more than likely wish we'd been doing far before we were..
So why not save each other the time and effort and share a few; life changing or ridiculous... Who cares...

I'll start:

- Get an electric toothbrush! - I thought the ads were bullshit, but ur teeth will never feel or look as clean

- Exercise - I genuinely have sense of well being after I've been to the gym

- Ear plugs, eye mask and sleeping tablets! - too bright, noisy or off ur face still...? Priceless

DC Mills

Apr 8, 2007

We've all learnt/discovered things over the years that have improved our lives... Stuff we more than likely wish we'd been doing far before we were..
So why not save each other the time and effort and share a few; life changing or ridiculous... Who cares...

I'll start:

- Get an electric toothbrush! - I thought the ads were bullshit, but ur teeth will never feel or look as clean

- Ear plugs, eye mask and sleeping tablets! - too bright, noisy or off ur face still...? Priceless

Damn right on the toothbrush, Antz!

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
Do not argue with or rise to fools - you can never win.

Do not spend your valuable time seeking recompense or revenge on those who may have hurt you. Spend your time more wisely on something that will be of benefit to you.

Capitalism will eventually destroy society.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com

I'll start:

Remember when I told you about electric toothbrushes? You probably thought I was chatting bollocks at the time but now you know I wasn't! Can't recommend them enough! Agree with the excercise and my mum wears earplugs as she's a really light sleeper and they work for her!

Anyhow, here's a few from me:

-Girls, when you wash your hair shampoo, rinse and repeat before conditioning as this will get your hair loads cleaner! :) Better doing two smaller shampoos than one big one!

-Get one of those neck cushions for flights, they're defo the way forward to being able to get some sleep on a plane. An eyemask also helps for this situation, too! :)

-NASAL SPRAY is the best invention EVER when you start with a blocked nose! Clears that sucker out like nowt else!

-If you're putting meat into the freezer, stuff like chicken breasts etc, then put into individual portions as it's easier to defrost and you can just get out as much as you need at the time! :) (Geek alert).

x

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
When you want to take the shell off a boiled egg, take it from the pan and place it in a bowl of cold water for a bit. then when its slightly cooler and easier to handle, tap the top and bottom of the shell til it cracks, then lie it on its side on a chopping board and roll it til the shell cracks all the way round. 9 times out 10 after this, once you get your thumb under a good bit of shell it will peel off in almost one attempt :)

jason67

Apr 12, 2010
Planina pod golico, Slovenia
Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself (my mother 1986)..... And if that fails you can always buy an electric toothbrush, as they seem to be the answer to all of life's problems, as shown by some of the people above. ;)

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
When yer on the edge of losing control in or on a vehicle, dont fall in to the trap of staring at what you're about to hit... force yourself to look where you want to go, 9 times out 10 you'll miss the obstacle ..
Staring at what you're likely to crash in to causes a psychological state called target fixation. You will be guaranteed to hit it unless you force yourself to stare in the direction you want to go.

Fortunately i'm too old to drive or ride in a manner that's likely for me to need to heed my own advice...

All Ways Acid!

Jan 30, 2008
nr Newquay
www.allwaysacid.com
A war on terror is just a war on war:confused:

When the same people finance both sides in a war, only they stand to benefit:mad:

love is more powerfull than fear:love:

Those spine tingling moments are really special:thumbsup:

Politics is a smokescreen to divert us from the truth:ghost:

Dont worry be happy:D

Pieman

Jun 30, 2009
on't hill
If you've locked your keys in the car and you have a remote keyfob, try this.

ring someone at home from your mobile phone and get them to grab the spare key.

Place the spare key by the phone and place your phone by the car and get the person to press the unlock button.

it works with some but not all (worth a try as it might save you a few quid from a locksmith):thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Antz

Nov 9, 2004
Tony Towers
If you've locked your keys in the car and you have a remote keyfob, try this.

ring someone at home from your mobile phone and get them to grab the spare key.

Place the spare key by the phone and place your phone by the car and get the person to press the unlock button.

it works with some but not all (worth a try as it might save you a few quid from a locksmith):thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

U pulling our leg....?