pagoda, carlisle 1990

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Doctor

May 18, 2006
Carlisle
I had a copy of that tape but don't know where it is. Think Hicky has a few Annabels tapes still I will get them but it may take a few weeks.
I remember bright eyes, Nessum Dorma and Quadrophonia as kick off tunes (good days) never went to another club that kicked it off like that.

Yes I am from Carlisle by the way.

Thanks for Paul Thompsons mix always enjoyed nights where he DJ'd. :thumbsup:

Chuck White

Aug 10, 2007
Up North, no place like it!!
Pagoda 1990

Alright dudes thanks for the upload of Paul Thomson..quality stuff!

Only tape i've got from round the way is of Martin Bell or Ferret (not sure), Ferret gave it to me years ago and said it was Martin Bell. I don't think he wanted to pass the mixing off as his own. Some good tunes but thats about it.

I am actually from Workington but don't hold that agianst me I work in Carlisle most of the time.

Too scared to go to Pagoda because of all the stories that made it out west but started off my journey in the lanes bar (vaults) most Saturdays before moving south to Hac, Quad, Hacketts etc.

One of the best nights was crammed in to a derelict cellar in Spencer Street with 100 other like minded nutters.....the good old days eh?

Good to know i'm not the only one living in the past!

italianjunkie

Aug 16, 2004
adelaide-sth oz
had many a night in the vaults beside the lanes,pagoda was a top club in the early nineties,pretty sure my sister has a couple of annabells tapes stuck away in the cupboard. i think were all stuck in the past here,whenever i walk past yates's i always think of annabells