outside workers + bad weather/snaow = no pay!!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
does anybody know what the crack is regarding outside workers being told to stay off work but dont get paid???

my friends other half has been told to stay at home for atleast 2 weeks but could be more and they are not getting paid a penny even tho the company has told them to stay at home!!!!:mad:

bin onto acas and they said 2 diffo conflicting things!!!

any advice please or if anybody else is in the outside workers game then what you doing how are ya going about wages n shizzle???

i know office workers and such like are being told that if they cant come into work then it is classed as a days holiday!!

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
They should work in the snow if they're outside workers. It's never stopped me unless I couldn't get to work.

If they aren't getting paid then they must be self employed. If there's no work for them then they should sign on the dole or look for another job.

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
It probably sound a bit harsh that tbh nics, but then again self employed people get a lot of perks too. I'm not sure they can do much tbh apart from sign on and either ride it out, or find a better employer that pays even when they're off. Sounds like they've either got a shit of a boss, or that he's struggling for new contracts and this weather has come as a godsend to him.

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
well they are outside workers who do drives gates fencing etc

there is the work their for them but the boss has said they cant work due to the weather.......but the lads have said that they can do most of the work!!

so its not their fault they have been told to stay at home so why should they lose wages??

acas said that if the employer has sent them home then they should still pay wages

but then rang again and they said to read their contracts and it should say in that whether they get paid or not:confused: but the thing is it doesnt say anything of the sort if they do or if they dont so its confusing??