Ortofon Concordes

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Don't go for the cheap ones made by other companies as the sound quality is pants (you have to over compensate the EQ for the highs as they sound really really dull)

Pay the extra and buy the proper ones as I found the hard way - lesson learnt, buy cheap, buy twice and all that jazz :condom:

Google for prices and offers :thumbsup:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
Don't go for the cheap ones made by other companies as the sound quality is pants (you have to over compensate the EQ for the highs as they sound really really dull)

Pay the extra and buy the proper ones as I found the hard way - lesson learnt, buy cheap, buy twice and all that jazz :condom:

Google for prices and offers :thumbsup:

Duly noted, my luvverrrr... :thumbsup:

Are these genuine Ortofon, the website is as clear as mud? ORTOFON OM & CONCORDE Replacement Stylus (BLACK) - HTFR Edit: Are they fook, they are V1nyl-file Grrr
I might be best sticking another pro S on the end...

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
When I once looked into sticking some Elektro stylus onto Scratch carts, I was advised against it. The reason being is that each of their carts and stylus are set up for a different range of frequencies. Therefore you're going to cancel out some of the frequency range if you try buying cross model stylus for a particular cart. That is according the Ortofon website.

I also doubt that the stylus in the link are genuine Ortofon's at the price they're selling them there too, as they're unbranded and normally cost 2 or 3 times that.

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
I also doubt that the stylus in the link are genuine Ortofon's at the price they're selling them there too, as they're unbranded and normally cost 2 or 3 times that.

Aye, looks like the best price for Pro S styli is around the £20 mark or £36 for the DJ S

Fank fook i only use 1 TT :fekked:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
Here's the bit about interchanging carts and stylus (if you read down), for anyone thinking about buying a different stylus for their cart.

FAQ - Ortofon DJ - Vinyl Preservation Academy

I notice that all of Ortofon's cartridges have similar shaped styli - are they interchangeable?

Physically, each series of stylus, except for S-120, will fit on alternate cartridge bodies. However, these combinations are not supported by Ortofon, as they have not been tested. Each cartridge series is designed with a synergistic combination in mind - that is, each stylus is made to compliment the magnet and coil configuration of each cartridge body. For instance, using a DigiTrack stylus with a Scratch body will not provide the full benefit of either product, and might even provide undesired results, including (but not limited to) differences in output, unbalanced sound reproduction, etc.

Note: In the case of the NightClub (mk1) and DJ series cartridges, it is perfectly alright to use the respective S (spherical) or E (elliptical) version stylus. The cartridge bodies are designed to accommodate either of the respective series' stylus types.

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Echo Blue Jammer, get genuine only, got some generic things, lasted 2 weeks before giving them away as sounded shite. I always call about as most places price match and generally settle on JB's of Tunbridge Wells

S