Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
Just found out yesterday that my ex workplace made a mistake and paid me a full months wages yesterday for rack all. I finished over a month ago and was paid up in full when i left.

Should I...

a) Phone them up and tell em they have paid me in error... :naughty:

b) Leave the money in my Bank and wait for a month or 2 just incase they contact me and ask for it back

c) Wax the money on a new phone and loads of tunes and play dumb if they decide to contact me

d) Leave the country, have plastic surgery and buy a fake identity, and end up as a bartender in jamaica

e) Get seriously pissed and spend the cash as soon as possible on clothes and luxuries and if they contact me just say that i will pay them back at ten bob a week for the rest of my life

f) answers c) and e)

:confused:

What do ya reckon? hmmmmmm

johns_ar

Feb 20, 2002
www.northeastclubchat.co.uk
id spend it me but im an idiot

theyre bound to ask for it back i would expect......but best bet is maybes leaving it in there for a coupla month, if u get no contact spend it

then ignore the letters and phonecalls if there is any ;)

cat

dannster said:

c) Wax the money on a new phone and loads of tunes and play dumb if they decide to contact me

e) Get seriously pissed and spend the cash as soon as possible on clothes and luxuries and if they contact me just say that i will pay them back at ten bob a week for the rest of my life

f) answers c) and e)

:confused:

What do ya reckon? hmmmmmm

c) and e)
c) and e)
c) and e)
c) and e)

have i made my point or do you need a g) ??????

g) give it all to cat, to blow on shoes!!!!! :eyebrow: you know you want to!!!!! pwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeaaaaase?

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
Right if its paid by bacs they can reclaim it even if you spend it first.

The only way to get the money and not pay it back is to spend it and close the account.

Open a new account and they cant touch ya ;) you havent signed any contract stating that you will pay it back as its not a loan and they can only request you pay it back. They cant take it from your wage you no longer work for them.

Id close my account and open a new one but i owe £32k and have not paid a penny for about 5 years off it so I becareful when taking my advise ;)

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
it's a gamble dannster..

a> close the account now and take the money

or

b> leave it another month and go for double or quits...they could well pay it in again next month..

or will they suss before hand?

tricky.

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
dont really want to close the account coz all my direct debbo's go out from it and it would be a pain to reorganise everythin. Is it possible for them to take it back out of my account without my permission?

dannster

VIP Silver Member
Nov 11, 2001
Haydock
www.dannster.com
Re: Re: Oops - Thanx ex workplace!

cat said:
c) and e)
c) and e)
c) and e)
c) and e)

have i made my point or do you need a g) ??????

g) give it all to cat, to blow on shoes!!!!! :eyebrow: you know you want to!!!!! pwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeaaaaase?

Argh! not another shoe a holic! my daughter is one of them aswell as my ex and even I have turned into one in recent times just purchased some of them addidas climbacool - top top trainers. as long as i dont get em dirty coz they will be a barsteward to clean

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
dannster said:
dont really want to close the account coz all my direct debbo's go out from it and it would be a pain to reorganise everythin. Is it possible for them to take it back out of my account without my permission?

Yes the account needs to be closed they have somthing like 6 months to reclaim the BACS payment before needing your auth to then reclaim it. If you close your account they cant reclaim it once its closed.

If you spend it and they reclaim it your OD and you have to pay the bank back plus there charges.

If you do close your account some banks will take on the responcibilty of transfering all your details for you depending on which bank you use ;)

Wolfy

Feb 17, 2003
London Taan
What a Reeee-sult!

Wish someone would drop an unexpected load of pie & mash in my bank account!

Take it all out quick and spend it all on drink drugs and women! :)

Yah only live once! It 'aint a dress rehersal.... :D

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
cat said:
if its women you wanna spend it on can i draw your attention to my previous post stating a shoe need!!!! lol ill be your woman if it will get me shoes!!!!! lol :eyebrow:

What sex favours do I get for these nice brouges??

shoes.jpg

Cheers.

;) ;) ;)