One Summer

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
Just stumbled across this what a blast from the past gonna have to make time to watch through this again, i hope its as good as i remember,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTiAp-27Ac&feature=related]0NE SU// // ER 1983 Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I watched that last night mate for the first time ever. It's hard to believe that Liverpool was that rough in the early 80's and that you could get away with wagging it for months on end, then dick about in class without getting torn a new arsehole from one of the violent teachers at my school at least. Norhing like where I grew up. It's very very grim depiction of life there.

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
I watched that last night mate for the first time ever. It's hard to believe that Liverpool was that rough in the early 80's and that you could get away with wagging it for months on end, then dick about in class without getting torn a new arsehole from one of the violent teachers at my school at least. Norhing like where I grew up. It's very very grim depiction of life there.

i think theres six parts to it m8, watched them all when it 1st aired and remember it beeing really good, but that said, i used to laught at Kenny Everet and The Young Ones and watched them since and couldn't find anything good about either :eek:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Recently watched a realy grim series on Liverpool in early 80's.....Boys From The Blackstuff by Alan Bleasdale, realy is well worth a watch including the original 1979 1.5hr one. Realy makes life look tough and makes me a little guilty about being insulated from it all in the SE.

"Gizza Job" & "I Can Do That"

S

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
Recently watched a realy grim series on Liverpool in early 80's.....Boys From The Blackstuff by Alan Bleasdale, realy is well worth a watch including the original 1979 1.5hr one. Realy makes life look tough and makes me a little guilty about being insulated from it all in the SE.

"Gizza Job" & "I Can Do That"

S

Yeh, that was also wicked- essential viewing.

marty

VIP Gold Member
I have the complete series of One Summer on Disc - it took me ages to find it at the time (a few Years ago now), and I could never remember the title - I just did a lot of Googling at the time using descriptions of what I could remember.

I remember me and my Grandad sitting laughing our heads off at it at the time when it was originally on the television.