omg my lil village just got hit by a tornado!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Nemesis

Jun 16, 2004
MADchester
www.randombunny.net
yep u read right, my m8 has just rung me up saying that the house opposite him has had it's roof taken off, sheds have been completely blown away. the mill controlling the water has been destroyed so there's probably gonna be flooding aswell. thankfully no one was hurt (or as far as i no) and my house is still in one peace, for now lol. but i mean jesus, i bloody tornado thats quite amazing. and in "little bollington" (my village) of all places lol.

so everyone living around the altrincham area be careful and wotch out for a big flying whirlwind =/

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i thought the weather was getting a bit shitty before, it looks like a proper storm is brewing around manchester.

I live near the airport and our electric keeps flickering, i thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me after a gud night lastnight!!:fekked::fekked:

I think i will go back to bed for some well earned kippage!!

But knowing my luck at the minute i would probably sleep through a mad storm and wake up in Oz with Toto and the munchkins!!:rofl:

Shorty

Mar 11, 2004
ChOrLeY
It can happen in the UK you know....one I photographed in Warrington last year...

Hope no one was hurt...

Attachments

• 03291003.jpg
    03291003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 97

Nemesis

Jun 16, 2004
MADchester
www.randombunny.net
piratepete said:
the winds are strong 65mph or so
1 kid in altringham was killed by a falling tree.
we had rain and wind here propper minging

yup :(

Taken from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4139785.stm

A boy aged eight was killed by a falling tree on Saturday as storms began to sweep across northern England.

Motorists are being warned of winds of more than 70 mph and possible snow in the North East, Cumbria, Yorkshire and Greater Manchester.

The Met Office issued the warning on Saturday, saying driving conditions could become dangerous.

The boy was killed at Dunham Park, Altrincham, Cheshire. A girl of two and two other people were injured.

They were taken to Trafford General Hospital.

Police believe the dead boy and the others were walking in the park when the tree was blown down by high winds.

The Met Office warned winds gusting at up to 75mph would make driving hazardous on main roads such as the M1, A1/A1M, A19 and M62.

Bridge closure

But the worst of the weather will be across the higher ground of the Pennines and the Lake District.

Drivers have been warned to expect snow on these high-level roads.

Visibility will be poor as the snow is whipped up by the high winds.

The Met Office spokesman said snow showers could also affect other parts of England, but were not expected to cause problems on lower ground.

Further south, strong winds forced the closure of the M48 old Severn bridge crossing near Bristol in both directions from Saturday afternoon.

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
was out and about at the science museum over the holidays and there was a display there about tornadoes. was surprising to learn that the UK has the highest rate of tornadoes in the world for it's size!!