old adverts...

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Youve gotta love that mcCains chips one!!!!. What a classic!, top song there in that one.

And what about that Hammerite one.....what a monster ad. I like the ones they put effort into and this one has a finale with "Stick it on yer drainpipe - Alright". Classic. Was that Chas 'n' Dave?

Ps, Is it me or are the voice overs on most of these old ads very 'stiff upper lip' sounding compaired to todays lapsidaysical wallers?.

So then butty, when you openin youre Old Skool Adverts branch of OSA then? Could be a winner for reminiscants like myself! heheh. I might dig out my old Betamax from the loft and see whats on it!, it was a better sound and picture than VHS anyday that machine.......better than todays rubbish :).Lol.

Top site that. Clarks "Magic shoooos" still irritates me after all this time. I wonder if she still has a plum in her mouth! Oooh Errrrr Misus.:hubba:

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
sirius said:
I might dig out my old Betamax from the loft

Top Loader !!!!

betamax.jpg

BO SELETAAAAARRRR !!!!!!:eyes:

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Heheheh. Top loaders were great wernt they?. So thats where the chart fodder band got thier name from - obviously Betamax fans!! :).

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
Wicked old skool video thread this

Does anyone remember them video recorders, that would have a remote control that was attached to a long lead that fed to the video recorder

The hight of innovation in the 80s :D

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Gaz Top! Hahahahhah. I remember Get Fresh (at the weekend)!, I vaguely remember there being some skaters on once, cos that was my thang.

I remember wanting one of those vid/tv remotes when I was a kid, 'cos I coulnt be arsed getting up and switching the button on the old 'teak' front panelled TV!. We kept that TV for ages and by then the infra reds were cheap enough to buy!.

I think Ive got a trashed and fuzzy copy of 'Rave Night' at bowlers on Hitman and Her on one of those old betamax tapes, along with Ferris Beulers Day Off (my alltime young teen phase movie'), Crocodile Dundee, some old Normski stuff with a pa by SLII and a vote thing for a band called "Dj Force and the Evolution" :). They made it, even though they didnt win!.

Anymore old ad sites?

Sirius.