Off to Germo

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
Just got it booked, 8 of us lads off to Germany on Friday morn.:thumbsup:

Flyin to the dam first, get 8 hours there to get smoked up:mexican: , before the connecting flight to Cologne where we're stayin, its only an hour on the train from there to geldersketchen (or whatever the fook its called!) where the match is.

Might be able to get tickets for the match cos a couple of lads we know are touts an are out there for the full tourny...not arsed if we can't, will just be mint being there I rec.

Can't wait...:cool:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
Arrrgh!

I've been on net all evening trying to sort bloody flights for it myself :crazy::mad:

bloody p1sstake prices :eek:

how much did yours work out at if you dont mind me asking ?

been trying for Dusseldorf as its about 25 miles from the airport to the stadium but my next lines of attack would have been Dortmund / Cologne.

Neither via the 'dam I must say... we'd never make the flight ;) lol :fekked:

P.S nice one, it'll be mint! :thumbsup:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
T.C said:
Arrrgh!

I've been on net all evening trying to sort bloody flights for it myself :crazy::mad:

bloody p1sstake prices :eek:

how much did yours work out at if you dont mind me asking ?

They have been goin up all week, they was about £100 a few days ago, managed to get em for £225 earlier, just checked for ya tho an they are over £400 now.:|

Can't really afford to go meself, had to do some mega borrowin, gonna be skint for a bit.:S

If ya don't mind a bit of jibbin, fly to the dam (easyjet or somat) then train it into Germany, not checked but would have thought that might be the cheapest option now.

Good luck with it anyway.:thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
nowthen said:
They have been goin up all week, they was about £100 a few days ago, managed to get em for £225 earlier, just checked for ya tho an they are over £400 now.:|
Good luck with it anyway.:thumbsup:

its mental , seen loads tonight around the 700-800 quid mark :| one even for about £1250!! :eek:

thanks, I'll keep trying , and if not... c'est la vie :thumbsup:

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
T.C said:
its mental , seen loads tonight around the 700-800 quid mark :| one even for about £1250!! :eek:

thanks, I'll keep trying , and if not... c'est la vie :thumbsup:

try it coming back on the monday/tuesday (if ya haven't already), all the ones comin back on the sunday are mega coin.

can point ya in the direction of a cheap hotel if ya sort a flight.

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
nowthen said:
try it coming back on the monday/tuesday (if ya haven't already), all the ones comin back on the sunday are mega coin.

can point ya in the direction of a cheap hotel if ya sort a flight.

well im all for that , ive got monday off, but the lad i'd go with hasnt / cant :S

was gonna wing it on the accomodation , havent really worried about that yet, some of our lot are out there already / will be by the weekend anyway. Just been concentrating on trying to get there first so far :D
what you got in mind? Im all up for any penny-saving ideas :)

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
T.C said:
well im all for that , ive got monday off, but the lad i'd go with hasnt / cant :S

was gonna wing it on the accomodation , havent really worried about that yet, some of our lot are out there already / will be by the weekend anyway. Just been concentrating on trying to get there first so far :D
what you got in mind? Im all up for any penny-saving ideas :)

I'd be tempted to throw a sickie if I was him! Just make sure he's not near any tv cameras an shows up on match of the day!

I'm lucky really, i work for me mate an he's coming too, even hit him for a sub!

our hotel is 70 euros a night for a double, only works out about £24 each a night, looks alright as well, think its a 4 star.

good luck again with the flights, hope ya sort it:thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
nowthen said:
I'd be tempted to throw a sickie if I was him! Just make sure he's not near any tv cameras an shows up on match of the day!
:

he already will be, for the friday, lol :D
and we've discussed the possible tv camera problem too :S :D

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
What a mint weekend that was, top drawer from start to finish, would have been better if we won obviously, but to be honest it only pissed me off for an hour or so.

Lovely gaff Germany, the natives are bang on...they even seem to love us:eek: ...we went to a party in the back of this bar in Cologne on friday an didn't have to buy a drink once, proper friendly people on the whole.

Could have got tickets for the game outside (a couple of the lads did), but most of us watched it at a big festival type place a few miles from the ground, aparently there was 22,000 there, I'd say 21,000 of them were english, absolute class set up.:thumbsup:

Todays come down from hitting the piss proper for four days solid in three different countries, in 30+ degrees heat....rough doesn't begin to describe it, worth it though:thumbsup:

T.C

Sep 2, 2003
Dysfunction Junction
nowthen said:
Todays come down from hitting the piss proper for four days solid in three different countries, in 30+ degrees heat....rough doesn't begin to describe it, worth it though:thumbsup:

ouch :D

I never made it in the end .

glad you had a good 'un and it was woth all the cost / pain! :) :thumbsup:

turpieaj

Feb 15, 2003
sunshine on Leith, via Watford
nowthen said:
What a mint weekend that was, top drawer from start to finish, would have been better if we won obviously, but to be honest it only pissed me off for an hour or so.

Lovely gaff Germany, the natives are bang on...they even seem to love us:eek: ...we went to a party in the back of this bar in Cologne on friday an didn't have to buy a drink once, proper friendly people on the whole.

Could have got tickets for the game outside (a couple of the lads did), but most of us watched it at a big festival type place a few miles from the ground, aparently there was 22,000 there, I'd say 21,000 of them were english, absolute class set up.:thumbsup:

Fair play and glad you had a top time mate:thumbsup:

JACKG

VIP Gold Member
Sep 15, 2004
nowthen said:

Lovely gaff Germany, the natives are bang on...

Good to hear ya had a good time Lee :thumbsup:

I went for the Trinidad game and it was the dogs danglies :D

And how nice are the Germans :eek:

Gotta say they were brilliant, has been a top tourney bar us bein poo :cry: