Off thread - Tony De Vit

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

hhelibebcnofne

Jan 9, 2003
Not Old Skool but a huge fan anyway.

Can anyone confirm if TDV ever played Ministry of Sound (Shite and over-rated IMHO) ?

Reason I ask is that I have a mix of his d/l from WinMX and not sure if pukka or not.

Thanks in advance...

Chris

P

pianoman

Yeah Its "Pukka"

Simply coz De vit did it.

that man when he was alive really new his bouncy style

Forget Fergie and BK ect ect and all the rest when De vit was remixing/producing the other two were a Tea Boy at Media Records (AKA NUKLEUZ) and a trainee journalist.

My fave by him was Burning Up.

was a great shame when he passed away, he hadnt even peaked.

Biskit

Jun 7, 2002
Chorley
www.chorley.fm
TDV was the orig' inventor of Nu NRG Hard House, he was in the process of peaking at the time of his death! This guy invented a new sound and stuck by it, you knew a TDV tune/remix straight away as soon as you heard it!!
As for Fergie, this guy must be one of the luckiest tw*ts around, he was a no name DJ in Ireland, TDV went over there to DJ at a night, were Fergie was playing, and TDV took a fancy to him straight away, asked him to DJ with him over in England, literally took him under his wing and did everything for him! Jammy sod!! Ive always thought that TDV had a slight crush on Fergie, as you know, TDV liked the male species!! and I think this is why TDV did so much for the lad, except butter his bread!!
To get back to the original question, I would definately say that TDV did MOS!! :D

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Saw him at Crunch in Brum once and he bounced the roof off!

Have a tape of his which still sounds fantastic now! Was massive with the Brummies

whatyadoinsucka

Dec 18, 2001
Up North, pint o tetley
TDV went over there to DJ at a night, were Fergie was playing, and TDV took a fancy to him straight away, asked him to DJ with him over in England, literally took him under his wing and did everything for him! Jammy sod!! Ive always thought that TDV had a slight crush on Fergie, as you know, TDV liked the male species!! and I think this is why TDV did so much for the lad, except butter his bread!!

no wonder fergie got where he is today.. i bet he's got a saw arse
and teeth marks on his pillow

tony up de shitter

great dj though, he did alright at a night at Life@bowlers even..
i seem to remember

RipleyPillwall

Oct 16, 2002
South East London
Ian M was another who owes his carrer to the kickstart he got form being TOny's pal.

Has Tony got mopre and more bookings (and he alwasy refused to miss his slot at TRADE) he would often suggest Ian M to promoters he ahsd to "let down"

STUART

Jul 27, 2002
Birmingham
Right place right time as they say

the mainstream clubs had nowhere to go things were in a trough again as they do in clubland (up & down ) and that music although old to the London/GAY clubs was quite a fresh sound to many a new clubber so went mainstream.

What i want to know is whats next

we had Piano house, Break house/Jungle, Italo NRG, Hard House/Trance,

Now into the POP trance period but i can honestly say all the tunes still originate in ITALY

Think Mauro Picotto, BXR label, CRW and for me at the moment i love the funky italo.

DB Boulevard, Moony, Square,