Oasis-Live Forever Voted Top Song Of All Time

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Hey up OSA :wave:

I hope you are all OK and causing too much trouble ;)

So, I heard ont wireless tother day that Oasis-Live Forever has been voted the top song of all time on a Xfm poll thingy...see here Xfm | onair | shows | Xfms Top 100 Songs Of All Time

Now, I love Oasis-spesh the early stuff...I remember going to see em in Sheffield 98 or 99 (possibly lol) & getting covered in what I can only assume as sweat & spit :hurl: X fm reckon that Live Forever is the top song of all time...

What I want to know is do you agree with the poll & also whats your fave Oasis tune...

Champagne Supernova is my all time fave...just because of what was going on in my life then, then was a really good time for me :love:

:thumbsup:

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
i think champagne supernova will be a fave for most people i rekon......same reasons, means a lot and reminds me of things at the time etc etc

i love shes electric, cigarettes n alcohol, loads of the happy bouncy ones:love: that ya can have a good old sing (howl) to:cool:

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
i think champagne supernova will be a fave for most people i rekon......same reasons, means a lot and reminds me of things at the time etc etc

i love shes electric, cigarettes n alcohol, loads of the happy bouncy ones:love: that ya can have a good old sing (howl) to:cool:

'She's electric' for me.

:turn:

Shes Electric is also a fave...lyrics are piss funny...I also like a more recent one Little By Little.

Oasis rock(ed) :head:

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
my favourites are supersonic and aquiesce. Hairs still stand up on the back of my neck when when i watch the live from maine road concert just as aquiesce is about to kick in and noel gallagher gee's up the crowd, i was just outside the cordened off bit at the front passing people over lol :guitar:

MANC

Apr 1, 2003
Manc
not into them at all they r just a rock tribute band, altho sometimes if i hear morning glory on the radio then it reminds me of early 90s sunny happy days so they can have a point for that

betty spaghetti

Nov 21, 2006
Well said........ "Old Skool Anthemz - Dance Music Resource" ????:naughty:

Soz & that...hardly naughty tho is it?

Just as boring as each other then?

At the end of the day its a music forum, not been on for a while so thought I would just ask-al think better next time...again soz :)

FTAO: Mesh...I heart the Beatles. Too many faves to mention-but Dizzy Miss Lizzy is one of em. But IMO I think they are different, obv because of the eras...60s 90s. Loads change. I admit the Beatles are mint as chuff. But Oasis is more my time than them & I got to see them-I couldnt the Beatles lol :)

And Mr Jay...Havent you got some beasts to be sorting ;)

Peace :thumbsup:

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
I cant wait for your set Barrie...your last 2 sets have been mega so Ive been told :king: Bring on the Good Times :head:

As you were :p

Got some stiff competition in the italian room with the other DJs but I think I have managed to find some classics and a few unknown beasts to keep you entertained and the anoraks busy.

No doubt the others will have tunes that will end up on my wants list.

A good night in store methinks!!!