not forgotten sat15/5/04

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
easty said:
Sully fella, you need to do something about this LOL we can't be having a lack of birds on ANY night out.

Sweet that is deffo the case regarding the fighting. I was not there but i have spoken to the people responsible and it was a personal matter between 2 failsworth lads that got out of hand, basically one of them does not like the other. The funny thing is that the lad responsible said it was a top night, although he had a funny way of showing how much he was enjoying himself

It doesn't really matter who it was or what it was about, it shouldn't have gotten so out of hand and should have been dealt with alot sooner than it did.

You might want to tell em that next time they've got issues to sort out, can they please do it where innocent bystanders who are just trying to have a good time aren't gonna get punched in the head. :thumbsup:

grad

Jul 18, 2001
milfland
stores.ebay.co.uk
yeah top night from what i can remember, sully's set was ace, had me jumping all over the place..after that things got a little :fekked: and I remember very little...in fact the only other thing is seeing a few coppers in there and having to leave.

nice to meet roz..looking well loved up with noz...

venue was cool, didn't see or hear any of the trouble, will give it another go soon :thumbsup:

oh and them things at the bar for cooling the glasses down, i liked that.

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
Thanks for the comments peeps so much appriciated :thumbsup: I had a brilliant time and loved everybodys set in a different way, from noz to jay wearden and then sully, they were all ace :D :cool: . We left during nippers set due to my mate off to live in spain and it was his leaving do, but from what i caught of it, it was a cracker just like the rest.

I highly highly enjoyed it and thanks to sully and ben for sortin it :thumbsup:

PhattKatt

Mar 6, 2004
In the Zone.
Sorry to hear it went tits up, I left before it all went off but had a great night from the off.
Nice to see Ben , Eddy and Missy(hope your heads ok :naughty: ) again, also nice to chat to Sweet & Shabba even though I think I confused you a bit coz you don't know who the f*ck I am!!

Energy Flash a definite highlight 'specially followed by D.O.C (I think?). Also a tune played by Eddy which I've always loved but never found out what it's called (Noz is on the case so the mystery draws to an end..........).

As I said, I missed the handbags so can only recall a quality night when even m'laydee got lucky before we got home (not with me mind :eyebrow: !!), hope to be back soon to a good venue with quality tunes and great people.

P.S - Only just posting coz I've had worms :$ , little buggers!!

Eddy Osborne

Sep 4, 2002
PhattKatt said:
Also a tune played by Eddy which I've always loved but never found out what it's called (Noz is on the case so the mystery draws to an end..........).

Arite m8 how are u! :D Just give us a pm if u can remember what tune on was after or before etc and ill sort u out with it! :thumbsup:

Danny C

May 19, 2004
Town
Just Like to say a big thanks to everyone who came down on Saturday, apart from the dickheads who brought the night to a premature end. :starwars:
The majority who came through the door and paid their hard earned cash, were genuine people who had come for a good night out and did until 1.30.
Don't be discouraged by what was really a non incident, get yourselves down to John Da Silva In June and support Sully in his quest to capture the old vibes we all remember.
Shout to Jay for a quality set (even though you were spiked), Gary Hipnotic for the chat, Ben Fisher, Louise for the assistance with the uv pen and the man Fallon for running to the spar for the battery!!
Big Shout for Mr Sullivan for having the balls to put it on in the first place.

I can hear Ten City already. DC :afro:

Faz

May 20, 2004
Danny C said:
and the man Fallon for running to the spar for the battery!! :

lets not also forget my sublime skills with the digi camera. I captured some proper heads I'm tellin yer!! :crazy:

A really good night that was spoilt by the lack of backup SOFA gave Sully, luckily tho this will all change with the Jon Da Silva and with a bit more support the next night should take the roof off!! :thumbsup: SWEEET!

I reckon we hire one of these: :jet: - I SAID NO ROCKPORT!!!

E

easty

Shabba said:
It doesn't really matter who it was or what it was about, it shouldn't have gotten so out of hand and should have been dealt with alot sooner than it did.

You might want to tell em that next time they've got issues to sort out, can they please do it where innocent bystanders who are just trying to have a good time aren't gonna get punched in the head. :thumbsup:

no one got punched in the head, i don't know where this has come from and as far as trouble in a night club goes, what went on was very minimal.

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
easty said:
no one got punched in the head, i don't know where this has come from and as far as trouble in a night club goes, what went on was very minimal.

You might want to ask Minxy about that, she had a huge lump on her forehead after she got caught up in it all. I know it was nothing intentional but it's still not right.

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
fao easty

easty said:
:wave:
i was going to do this via pm, but decided to reply publically so that it clears up any misunderstandings for everyone

i was dancing on the top bit by the dj box and two blokes started punching each other, it then turned into about 6 blokes all joining in with fists flying, i cudnt get out of the way coz they were all in front of me

then one of the blokes issued an almighty punch which connected with the left side of my head (which was meant for the guy behind me, i think) i fell backwards, seeing stars and was picked up by a bloke..
i was a dizzy as f*ck

i made my way back to the osa lot and sat down trying to sort meself out, i wasnt right for about an hour, head was banging sore, dizzy, and basically feeling very odd indeed, and anyone who knows me will no doubt back me up in saying i was not myself for quite some time afterwards.

i asked sully if they had been thrown out and told him wot happened to me, but he was occupied with trying to sort stuff out coz the bouncers were shit
then half hour later it all kicked off again and the club shut

it is totally uncalled for and unacceptable that people can behave in this way whilst innocent bystanders who are out for a good nite end up taking the brunt of the shit
so it was not minimal by any standards, it was actually bang out of order

and if they are true oldskool folk then fighting in a club wudnt even enter their head
coz the whole point and underpinning philosophy of oldskool is unity

anyhow hope this clears a few things up

I will back minxy up with this too, as when she came back over to sit by me, she was all shaken and very unsteady on her feet. I stayed with minxy for a while to make sure she was alright. It took her a long time to feel better, as she kept going all dizzy and losing her balance when she stood up.

I also saw the fighting as I was on my way to the dj box when it happened. And it was bad enough for me not to carry on toward the dj box.

E

easty

northern minx said:
:wave:
i was going to do this via pm, but decided to reply publically so that it clears up any misunderstandings for everyone

i was dancing on the top bit by the dj box and two blokes started punching each other, it then turned into about 6 blokes all joining in with fists flying, i cudnt get out of the way coz they were all in front of me

then one of the blokes issued an almighty punch which connected with the left side of my head (which was meant for the guy behind me, i think) i fell backwards, seeing stars and was picked up by a bloke..
i was a dizzy as f*ck

i made my way back to the osa lot and sat down trying to sort meself out, i wasnt right for about an hour, head was banging sore, dizzy, and basically feeling very odd indeed, and anyone who knows me will no doubt back me up in saying i was not myself for quite some time afterwards.

i asked sully if they had been thrown out and told him wot happened to me, but he was occupied with trying to sort stuff out coz the bouncers were shit
then half hour later it all kicked off again and the club shut

it is totally uncalled for and unacceptable that people can behave in this way whilst innocent bystanders who are out for a good nite end up taking the brunt of the shit
so it was not minimal by any standards, it was actually bang out of order

and if they are true oldskool folk then fighting in a club wudnt even enter their head
coz the whole point and underpinning philosophy of oldskool is unity

anyhow hope this clears a few things up

I know the lads that were fighting and i will be having a word, they did not tell me this

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
easty said:
I know the lads that were fighting and i will be having a word, they did not tell me this
i take it u were not there to witness it then?

my account of wot happened is true, and these lads that u know, ought to stick to sharon and tracey clubs, where they can get pissed, fight, eat kebabs and get locked up
and stay the hell away from oldskool coz they behaved like morons.. :mad: :(

Dj Ben Fisher

Jul 15, 2001
@ GT HQ
www.goodtimesclub.info
i saw every thing as it happened just as i started as i started my set and was right in front of me . . :( there was onyl a few punches thrown but it was more scuffles and ppl throwin ppl about than owt else ). . it did stop but as minxy said it started again shortly after . . . which led to my set being cut 4 tunes in ( never had that happen to me b4 now ) . . :( but hey the night was still top up to then and proper rockin , just ended on a bad note due to a very small handfull of lads . . . dont think this will affect future nights at all as long as the sercurity is sorted and they bouncers that know how to do there job . . as its a top venue with a top atmoshpere when its full . . . :thumbsup:

Sully

Jul 14, 2003
Manchester
www.S-30.co.uk
this looks like its all turnin a bit sour now - i didn't see a punch thrown, i just saw a scrum type grapple goin on with lots of grabbin and elbows. easty's view on this is from the two guys involved who know each other and while they didn't throw a punch maybe in the process of others tryin to split it up some arms did get thrown about.

all i can say is that the security at the event was shite - i've taken this up with them and as a result of their poor efforts to offer future enhanced security (together with a not to clever sound system), i have cancelled all future events at their venue, starting unfortunately with Jon Da Silva on June 5th. Jon will appear for us on this date at an alterantive venue or if we cannot find a suitable venue in time, he will appear at spectrum in the not to distant future.

i think its important that i do this to stop S-30 and 'Not Forgotten' being tagged with a 'troubled event' label by old skoolers and the police - but i will say once more that the problem was not the people inside the club (trouble does happen - its just down to the security to sort it before others see it) - the problem was with the security not having a presence.

apologies again to all who were caught up in this and i will hopefully see you at our new monthly events starting in ashton on july 3rd (PM me for VIP).

Sully.

S-30

E

easty

northern minx said:
i take it u were not there to witness it then?

my account of wot happened is true, and these lads that u know, ought to stick to sharon and tracey clubs, where they can get pissed, fight, eat kebabs and get locked up
and stay the hell away from oldskool coz they behaved like morons.. :mad: :(

Minxy, i am very sorry that you were involved in this, it had nothing to do with you so you have every reason to feel agrieved. But from what i have been told, it seems that this whole thing has been blown out of proportion. What happened was WRONG but the only person who seems to have really suffered because of this is sully and thats not on

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
easty said:
What happened was WRONG but the only person who seems to have really suffered because of this is sully and thats not on

At least he knows we'll still be there for him, we won't be put off by what happened, i've got every faith that Sully will get everything sorted in he end. :thumbsup:

northern minx

Jan 10, 2003
the universe!
www.awakenUnow.com
agreed.. sully put on a good nite and up until the point i got punched i was having a blinder of a nite dancing away as usual :)

gettin punched in the head tho didnt make me a happy bunny so tainted the nite for me personally.. tho i realise i did get caught in a crossfire
and i take on board all the comments about security etc

im sure that once security is sorted sully and co will have a right good oldskool nite and i wud happily attend again:thumbsup:

i am only stating wot happened to me coz i dont think it is acceptable and its certainly not expected wen i go to an oldskool nite

anyhow im gonna shut up now coz im sounding like a moaning cow! i did hav a good nite apart from that