Northern Star

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Just as it was getting dark there was a bright star in the sky - I think it may have been Venus..... If it was and let's say Venus is at 6oclock in the sky - Then what was the bright planet/star above it at 5 to 6?
I think it might be another planet as it wasn't twinkling .....
Any stargazers out there who know what it is?
Cheers :thumbsup:

p.s. both weren't twinkling so I recon they gotta be planets - they were quite low in the sky

leaky

Apr 11, 2006
thats funny cos when i came out of work just after five i saw a bright star, and some guy was saying something about you can see the space station and the shuttle tonight :confused: i wasn't really listening just heard it walking past, so not sure if it has any relevence:S

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Maybe - I've done a crap effort with paint of what it was like :D

Attachments

• star[1].jpg
    star[1].jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 203

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Nice one - Looks like Jupiter is a winner - You should be able to see it when it goes dark tonight if it's not cloudy.
lol Scott - I can't get the ET theme tune out of my head now ....

der der de de de de deerrr derrrrr :D

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
I saw this the other night finishing work and someone told me it was the space station

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
You could see the tool bag that the astronaut dropped if you had a pair of binoculars the other night lol:cool:

It was just in front of the space station:D

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Cheers :king: It was a bit cloudy last night so I could only see the Moon and Venus - Hopefully it will clear later :thumbsup:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
The next time the three will be as close and visible as this week will be Nov. 18, 2052, according to Jack Horkheimer, director of the Miami Space Transit Planetarium.

homer-doh.jpg