Nipper - Hacienda Classics

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Here's Johnny

Nov 29, 2001
Scotland
I have mp3s listed as Nipper - Hacienda Classics 3 and 4 (one side starts with the tune from 2001 a Space Odyssey, the other with K-Klass)

I presume there is a 1 and 2 somewhere?

Would love to know what's on it if there is.

dodgymix

Here's Johnny said:
I have mp3s listed as Nipper - Hacienda Classics 3 and 4 (one side starts with the tune from 2001 a Space Odyssey, the other with K-Klass)

I presume there is a 1 and 2 somewhere?

Would love to know what's on it if there is.

Yeh it came out as a tape pack c 1995

you've got the second tape with asha, Sor, technoage, young mc, bizarre inc etc on it.

the others are proper Hac tunes

starts with the sample from tom salta "new generation", then has tunes like rhthim is rhthim "strings of live", chanelle "one man", sterling void "run away girl", DJ Fast Eddie - Can U Dance, joe smooth "promised land", ralphi rosario "u used to hold me" & ce ce rogers etc

class dj mix

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
I bought this at a clothes shop in Stockport when it came out. Good mix, the second tape of 90-92 is a 'trademark' Nipper mix but the 1st one is quality.

One thing I found was the tapes wer very poor quality sounding, very tinny and hardly any bass.

Does the CD version sound like this?

woody

dodgymix said:
Yeh it came out as a tape pack c 1995

you've got the second tape with asha, Sor, technoage, young mc, bizarre inc etc on it.

the others are proper Hac tunes

starts with the sample from tom salta "new generation", then has tunes like rhthim is rhthim "strings of live", chanelle "one man", sterling void "run away girl", DJ Fast Eddie - Can U Dance, joe smooth "promised land", ralphi rosario "u used to hold me" & ce ce rogers etc

class dj mix

rob does that one with technoage start with a big trumpety intro into the paris brightledge its alright acca into last rhythm, coz ive got a mix that we all used to know as hacienda classics but have been told since that the one we have is live from the last night at the hacienda before it closed down. scratches like a mofo all the way thru the set, bit anthemy for my tastes thesedays but back in the day it was our fav ever set and the reason we used to go to maximes to watch nipper. would love to hear the other ones with joe smooth etc

dodgymix

woody said:
rob does that one with technoage start with a big trumpety intro into the paris brightledge its alright acca into last rhythm, coz ive got a mix that we all used to know as hacienda classics but have been told since that the one we have is live from the last night at the hacienda before it closed down. scratches like a mofo all the way thru the set, bit anthemy for my tastes thesedays but back in the day it was our fav ever set and the reason we used to go to maximes to watch nipper. would love to hear the other ones with joe smooth etc

yeh thats the one, starts with "the moonlanding tune" (thats what I call it)
I've got it on a "ET picture disk"...class

I bought the tapes but someone was selling them on Ebay as a double cd's, doing them all with professional labels & disks.
pretty good sound quality.

I'll burn it for you if you want, Pm us, next time I have some blank discs.