Nice little bargain set on ebay

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
The following tunes are for sale on ebay as a set:

• Skin Up - Blockbuster ("give us an E" - this track was never released - very rare)
• N-Joi - Anthem
• New Atlantic - I Know
• Clivilles + Cole - Pride (In The Name Of Love)
• Cathy Dennis - Touch Me (All Night Long)
• Reese Project - Direct Me
• Quadrophonia - The Wave Of The Future
• DJ H featuring Stepy - Think About..
• Rozalla - Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)

the link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=896398546

Bidding currently stands at £8 which is less than a quid each. Bit of a bargain for someone I thought.

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
D'oh - Well spotted there fella - guess you should always read the small print (or big print in this case)

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Blockbuster got banned on the day it came out. People from the record company (Polydor) had to go round to shops destroying all the copies. I happened to wander into a record shop while a bloke was in there ripping up loads of 12" covers and I talked him into letting up keep one before he trashed em. I presume there must have been a 7" release as well.
After that it got re-released as Ivory. That was in the UK anyhow.
It's a fucking shite song mind - "Eat em up, yum, yum".

VinylAnimal

Jul 18, 2001
West Yorkshire
Jonno said:
People from the record company (Polydor) had to go round to shops destroying all the copies.

Thank god the peeps at L.O.V.E didn't do the same :D

# EVOLX4 Jonno mate ;) and it's the 'Gold Run Mix' that was banned :eek:

Lolololol the 'Hot Spot Mix' made it past the censors :cool:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
EVOLX4 - yeah that's the one on Love Records. Should have been clearer - it's the distributor that was Polydor/Polygram (if my memory serves me correctly). Love records at a guess would have about 4 people on it's staff, so it has to be Polydor that go round destroying the records. They all become one and the same thing once they sign up to a major distributor. There's only a few labels that are independent from the 6 major distributors - React being one. That used to be the case anyway. I used to work at Our Price so got to know this kind of crap.

CybaSmuggla

Jul 6, 2002
Australia

I've got the version that starts with a quiz shoe...then fades into a crazy synthed EeeeEeeeeeEeee..EeeeeEeeee..then kicks...u gotta love that track...so in ya face...give us another E...lol..classic..did any of you ever come across the sequel..Take an E? by sequel I mean...the way they were backmouthing each others productions...like,James brown is dead,then 2 weeks later there was JAMES BROWNS STILL ALIVE!... :moonie:

T

turpieaj

LOL

Oi Johnno, u dont use one of these auction blasters do ya??
If so where do you get the program?