Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
Was just thinking about the feature I think Mark & Lard used to do years ago on Radio 1. The bit were they would pick a headline from the daily news and the listeners had to send in their ideas for a tune that best matched the headline. I.E for anyone who didnt ever listen to that the headline could be Princess Diana Dodi whatever his name was love affair ......could be Michael Jackson - Dirty Dianna. You get the picture :D
But to give it a twist on here the song must be an oldskool tune, but if its proving too tricky any song will do.
Each day I will pick a winner at say 9pm and that person chooses the headline for everyone to have a go at the following day.
Bit of fun in the forum if we get into it I reckon :D
A bit late in the day today and nobody might even see this lol but I will start the ball rolling with :-

Couple find 'Goldilocks' burglar asleep in house

14 October 2014 Last updated at 19:09 BST
A couple from Lancashire returned from their holiday to discover a burglar fast asleep in their bed.
Martin Holtby and Pat Dyson were amazed to find the intruder had done the washing up, bought some food and even washed his own underwear.
Lukasz Chojnowski, 28, was given a two-year conditional discharge and ordered to pay £200 costs at Burnley Crown Court after admitting burglary.
BBC News - Couple find 'Goldilocks' burglar asleep in house

My suggestion ( which obviously cant win ) is...................

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
will let this run til tomorrow night with it being a late thread and see if it finds its feet a bit more and gets some hits :)

BOD

Staff member
VIP Silver Member
Sep 4, 2007
over there
63 views and 2 replys lol. Ah well, you can but try. Can carry it on if you want but looks like people aint bothered with any interaction these days. I nominate Surface2air as the winner this time. Up to you if you want try and keep this going dude :|

Sam

Aug 11, 2008
My House
ok here's your headline: BBC News - Horse shot dead and left in garden at Raskelf
[h=1]Horse shot dead and left in garden at Raskelf[/h]A horse has been shot dead and left in the garden of a
house in North Yorkshire.
Police said the horse was found at an address in Raskelf at 21:40 BST on
Wednesday. It had been shot through the head.
They confirmed "a horse had been shot and left in the property's garden".
Two men, aged 36 and 53, have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage
and remain in custody, a police spokesman said.

and here's my oldskool beast: