Nearly pissed myself with this..

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
That is absolutely excellent :D

I've got to say his version is pretty damn funky, and I like the way he's added lyrics too.

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
LOL
That was fookin class!
Gotta luv the big hair and tash' look.
I hear its still quite the fashion in Liverpool :D

Nice one for that m8 made me laugh :thumbsup:

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
wildpitch said:
Anyone care to nominate any other comedy cover versions... :thumbsup:

Not comedy as such, more of a remix that jonno would rather forget i think! Infact i am sure to be in deep shite when i post this.

This lol is Jonno in his role of 'DJ Splendid', you know tha sort- weddings, barmitzvhas etc. You should hear his seductive international dj radio voice when he gets going, 'boys and girls get yourself on the dancefloor' that kind of stuff. He goes crazy with a mic in his hand.

Anyway, several years ago he did a 21st in Edinburgh for his cousin, and this is just one of the many dogshit style mixes that he did for that 'Scottish themed' night. He made some cd's on the pc to play, at the time he thought it was ace but i always view it as total embarrassment and tacky as feck.

I partic cringe at the 'och- aye' bit on the KLF track.

:p

Amelie said:
Not comedy as such, more of a remix that jonno would rather forget i think! Infact i am sure to be in deep shite when i post this.

This lol is Jonno in his role of 'DJ Splendid', you know tha sort- weddings, barmitzvhas etc. You should hear his seductive international dj radio voice when he gets going, 'boys and girls get yourself on the dancefloor' that kind of stuff. He goes crazy with a mic in his hand.

Anyway, several years ago he did a 21st in Edinburgh for his cousin, and this is just one of the many dogshit style mixes that he did for that 'Scottish themed' night. He made some cd's on the pc to play, at the time he thought it was ace but i always view it as total embarrassment and tacky as feck.

I partic cringe at the 'och- aye' bit on the KLF track.

:p

LOLOL DJ Spendid - Quality :D :D

We deserve to have snippets upped here Lesley :D Sounds too dire not to share :D

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I am trying, i just have like a trillion billion knobs and wires to suss. Giz a mo and it will be upped.

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
Here you go, enjoy. :D

Attachments

• jonnolad hang your head in shame 1.mp3
    323 KB · Views: 81
  • erm, Jock Nation.mp3
    366.6 KB · Views: 65

Amelie

Sep 6, 2003
I have to comfess, this was obviously not Splendid in action, its actually a rather nasty party album that we picked up in a mixed box of records from an auction. I think the collection belonged to the biggest rave tastic queen of the northwest, it had some right gay anthem belters.

:)

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
wildpitch said:
splendid lol, remind me what was jonno's dj buddy called, they were a double act right?
Stu was Selfish! Splendid and Selfish back to back!

That record btw that Amelie has stuck up is off the Party Four EP by The Mad Jocks feat Jockmaster BA. A truly terrible record, coloured vinyl mind!