My greatest love (besides my lovely other half)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now
John is number one but I have another love in my life:

My huge bed :love: :love: :love:

I love my bed, bed is ace, not sure why but it has this gravitational pull on me especially on Monday mornings, its like a magnet. If they could invent a bed on wheels that could go down the motorway at 70mph I could get another hours kip each day.....bliss :thumbsup:

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'd love a bed that can drive me to work too Anne although I wouldn't fancy waking up at some of the jobs I work at:lol:

I went king sized last year and can never go back to a smaller bed now:cool:

I too love my bed.... :love:

King size down duvet, memory mattress & load of room to lounge around in :D

23697_420204020852_579510852_5685676_2752621_n.jpg

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
I too love my bed.... :love:

King size down duvet, memory mattress & load of room to lounge around in :D
Size up the duvet for additional luxuriatin' :thumbsup:

Kingsize reclaimed Vietnamese pine bed frame with integrated steel supporting structure :gigolo: (I can barely lift the fucker).
Pocket sprung mattress (can't do memory foam).
Superking Goose down duvet & Duck down pillows. Eider's too expensive :(
Egyptian cotton sheets n stuff...

Beds are ace :love: and money well spent.

EDIT

Don't mind a bit of light for sleeping (not too much tho), but can't have any noises ticking clocks and such. Guaranteed to keep me awake. Even my watch winder keeps me awake sometimes :|
Pretty much always do the foetal/spoonage position (mmmmmmm spoonage)
Got to have a window open all year round n'all (even if it's just a fraction) for fresh air circulation purposes :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2005
Blackburn
Our bed is fooked :( Looking to replace it with a Tempur king size but waiting for an ex-display to come up on ebay as I don't fancy paying close to £2k for a brand spanker :|

Don't mind a bit of light for sleeping (not too much tho), but can't have any noises ticking clocks and such. Guaranteed to keep me awake. Even my watch winder keeps me awake sometimes

Hehe I'm the same, I went to sleep in my friends spare room once completely out of it. Woke up still hammered to some annoying ticking sound, managed to locate the source which was strangely located in the back of the wardrobe, bashed it until it fell off the wall and went back to sleep.....bliss :thumbsup:. Woke up the next day and it was freezing. My friend couldn't understand why the central heating hadn't come on....and then found the timer demolished and smashed to smithereens in the spare room wardrobe :$ :$

At least I found out what the ticking noise had been :$

Sheikh Yerbouti

Jan 4, 2008
Some**** Somewhere in Summertime
Hehe I'm the same, I went to sleep in my friends spare room once completely out of it. Woke up still hammered to some annoying ticking sound, managed to locate the source which was strangely located in the back of the wardrobe, bashed it until it fell off the wall and went back to sleep.....bliss :thumbsup:. Woke up the next day and it was freezing. My friend couldn't understand why the central heating hadn't come on....and then found the timer demolished and smashed to smithereens in the spare room wardrobe :$ :$

At least I found out what the ticking noise had been :$

hehe brilliant :D Who needs central heating when you've got peace & quiet & a big duvet :)
it's funny how being asleep messes with your awareness & senses and stuff innit. A while back when we had some bad weather I got woken up by this almighty noise outside. Hard to describe, sort of like a tearing/ticking/clicking sound that went on for a few seconds. I was proper asleep at the time so by the time I woke up it had stopped but it proper shat me up & took ages to get back to sleep.

For days I had no idea what it was & sorta forgot about it, then later noticed one of the leilandii (sp?) trees in my neighbour's hedge had keeled ower, so it musta been the noise of that. Unbelievable really cos it was only a wee thing, about 7 - 8 foot tall, but the bloody noise it made I thought the sky was falling in.

So, either trees make loads of noise when they fall over (even little tiddly ones), or else there's a sort of sleep amplifier that takes unusual noises & turns them into big scary ones inside yer melon.

Either way, I'm sawing the fuckers down & putting a big fuckoff concrete fence up :D :thumbsup: