My first HazyDayz

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Jizzle

Dec 17, 2004
Manchester
Hello everybody,

Just bought my ticket for the HazyDayz 3 beat records 15th birthday. Not been clubbin’ since Bowlers lost the magic. After reading all of the tremendous reviews on here I simply must sample the Hazy magic. Really looking forward to experiencing the atmosphere and listening to DJ’s that play a wide variety of old skool.

I am travelling on my own from Manchester on the train, looking forward to meeting everybody from OSA and I hope you will be gentle with me.

Can anyone please answer a few questions?

Is there a dress code?

Can anybody recommend a cheap Hotel or Hostel within walking distance from HazyDayz? First train back isn’t until 6am and I will be in no state to walk the streets. :fekked:

Any tips you have for enjoying a HazyDayz night?

I cannot wait!

Cheers

Alright mate :D you are gonna love it :)

Dress code wise... relaxed to dance, grin & sweat :) No caps or trackys like but Hazy is an attitude rather than a style I guess (Mick or Mart will correct me if I'm wrong on this one).

Hotels...

there's quite a few within walking distance of Hazy...

Ibis, Formule 1, Dolby hotel - all are on the net :D

/edit its nice to bring summat oldskool to hazy :D the 1st time I took my mates to Hazy they were blown away by how ace & 'like it was back then' kinda way... lol the next month they all took summat weird n wonderful with them to share with the crowd lol like them jelly shapes with lights inside em, whistles, air horns, old rave t shirts etc etc etc.... :D

the star of the show is the Notorious W.I.G. though :D won't spoil the suprise for you :D

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
:thumbsup: It was our lot's first time at Hazy's on NYE, and it was foooookin wicked :thumbsup: ur gonna luv it!!

We got a minibus at new year, so im not sure about places to stay and stuff.

The next time we go i will probably drive, coz its a bit of a hike back to manchester wen ur off yer nut!!! :fekked:

You got no mates that will drive or that could pik you up????

The more the merrier i say

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Hoping it'll be my first also m8?:)
All depends on the footy results as ill be in Blackburn if they beat Cardiff so its a defo if im up that way :thumbsup:
Heres hoping :)

Jizzle

Dec 17, 2004
Manchester
Shooms, are trainers okay? Shoes are abit tough on the old dancin' feet after a few hours.

nics, all of my friends are into progressive house and have no interest in going. Sad fools that they are.

Riskylady, everytime somebody tells me I will love it I get even more excited. Reminds me of Bowlers in that nobody says "you might like it" or "the odd night is great". Hope to see you in there.

AB45 you deserve a great night out just for supporting and suffering with Blackburn. :D

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Trainers are fine :thumbsup:

I'll say it as no one else has yet..

"It's like stepping off a bus in 2005 and walking into the club in 1991"

It isn't good.

it's fooking amazing :D

Jizzle

Dec 17, 2004
Manchester
Website looks good. The Zanzibar looks very intimate. I guess this really adds to the atmosphere?

I have been told by a work colleague about the G-bar which is open until the morning. Has anybody been there? Good? Bad?

Does anyone know any other venues which stay open until Sunday morning?

Hotel is looking a touch too expensive. I'll have no money left for treats.

Thanks again everybody.

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
hotels

Yo yo yo

yeah mate as shooms sed try the hotels near the Albert Dock.I know that the Formule1 hotel is acheap about £25.00.Its very basic though but thats all yer need.Book it now and you shopuld be laughin,or look on Google for Guest houses and B+B's in Liverpool city centre,there should be a few

see ya there

tag :spin:

TK TONNY

Aug 2, 2004
kirkdale
All i can say its as good as it sounds. The music the people oh and dont forget

IF ITS NOT HAZY
WERE NOT HAPPY:thumbsup:

bring on the 29th
Am so excited i could crush a grape.

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ya gonna love it......tis one very special evening hun!!!

If i dare say so...the people make it as much as the venue and the music!!! :love: phones: :love: phones:

See u there J!!!! :wave:

ScouseCol

Jan 21, 2005
Liverpool
www.dodgy-scouser.com
Hazy Madness !!

you will love it m8, I've not missed one sinse november 2003. I kid myself every post hazy comedown I'm gonna have a rest from it and that I'm gettin too old for all this. then a week later everyone starts talkin about the next one, and the excitment starts to grow again to the point where i'm counting down the hours to get back in there. it can't come fast enough :fekked: :D :roll:

fantasic tunes, fabulous crowd who are just into thier tunes and there to have a good time. heaven is a place called HAZYDAYZ !! :rotate:

Hazy?

Don't even consider it unless you want to FARRRRRKKKKKING AV IT LAAAAAARRRRGE

What? I've travelled from London these past 3 months to go to Liverpool?

KJ, last time I went up I stayed 10 days.... It's a serious giggle.

Make yourself known in the Attic at Hazy - wander round and introduce yourself to people as someone from OSA (I'm a relative newbie myself) and they treat you like family.

Look forward to meeting ya kid - it's a boss (mint!) night out ;o)

ttfn

T.

Jizzle

Dec 17, 2004
Manchester
brixtonite, I only ever have it one way matey.

Can't get a better recommendation than you travelling from London. I will pop into the attic and say hello to everybody.

I have almost EvErything sorted now. Hotel is booked. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Something is trying to stop me going though. I work with 2 colleagues. One went home on Monday with Chicken Pox. The other has gone home today with Food Poisoning. Aslong as I can walk. I will be there.

I feel like a kid who knows he is going to Disney Land! :D

Can't wait to meet everyone, see you soon. :wave:

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
knightjonathon said:

Can't get a better recommendation than you travelling from London. I will pop into the attic and say hello to everybody.

I have almost EvErything sorted now. Hotel is booked. Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Something is trying to stop me going though. I work with 2 colleagues. One went home on Monday with Chicken Pox. The other has gone home today with Food Poisoning. Aslong as I can walk. I will be there.

I like ur style.....lol........ah well glad u got everything sorted chick.......the attick posse await the pleasure of ur company!!! :thumbsup: see u sat :wave:

S-J

Staff member
VIP Gold Member
knightjonathon said:

Awwww bless your boots..... Reading your post then has well made me grinn.... thank you... :) I had a temporary giddy fit then as its really getting close to the time!!

Make sure you come and find us and say hellllo and if you want your head wrecking on who's who I will gladly give you a very quick whistle stop tour!

S-J x :love:

Jizzle

Dec 17, 2004
Manchester
Your welcome SJ.

I will come and find you, head wrecking is always welcome. You and Northern Star must promise not to get offended when I cannot remember anyones names though.

You might have to pull my head out of the ceiling when I get to excited aswell. :fekked:

It really is a good job you are all so friendly. :D

Do I find you in the attic with Northern Star (great name) and her posse?

Where is your signature art from SJ?

Joker Jen

VIP Gold Member
Oct 8, 2001
Secret Location in Gotham City
knightjonathon said:
Your welcome SJ.

I will come and find you, head wrecking is always welcome. You and Northern Star must promise not to get offended when I cannot remember anyones names though.

You might have to pull my head out of the ceiling when I get to excited aswell. :fekked:

It really is a good job you are all so friendly. :D

Do I find you in the attic with Northern Star (great name) and her posse?

Where is your signature art from SJ?

Don't worry m8y takes me at least 3 or 4 times b4 I remember peeps's names & sometimes even longer than that :$ :$ :$ :$