Music education for your kids

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Soda Jules

I know a few of you on here have kids and like me, no doubt, try and educate them in proper music by subjecting them to non-stop oldskool mixes in the car. I find it quite funny when they latch on to a particular song. The tune getting the "AGAIN! AGAIN!" request from our kids at the moment is 2 Bad Mice - 2 Bad Mice.

Quite funny when they pick up some of the lyrics too. Following Sly T & Ollie J coming on the CD in the car, dropped our kids off at the in-laws last Sunday with them all singing in chorus "Coming on strong, like a yo-yo, up and down!". Made me chuckle... :D

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
lol made me chuckle that, my little un gets her head boppin to old house, she likes it a bit funky:dummy:

Shes a mint little dancer as well:king:

Soda Jules said:
I know a few of you on here have kids and like me, no doubt, try and educate them in proper music by subjecting them to non-stop oldskool mixes in the car. I find it quite funny when they latch on to a particular song. The tune getting the "AGAIN! AGAIN!" request from our kids at the moment is 2 Bad Mice - 2 Bad Mice.

Quite funny when they pick up some of the lyrics too. Following Sly T & Ollie J coming on the CD in the car, dropped our kids off at the in-laws last Sunday with them all singing in chorus "Coming on strong, like a yo-yo, up and down!". Made me chuckle... :D

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Guess i have all this to look forward to sometime in the future :thumbsup:

hahah top stuff tho......i know jaxxy's daughter is mixing better than he is too lol :p

dods

Oct 13, 2004
Huddersfieldcestershirey
Soda Jules said:

nice 1:cool: my little lad is 3 and fooking loves music and dancing :thumbsup: not sure he's got a particular favourite tune as i usually change what i am listeneing to every night, but he always comes upstairs and has a bop:thumbsup:

chris17

Sep 15, 2005
leeds
my daughters love their piano tunes think its cause they've had it drumed into them from before they were born lol
and they fight to have a go on the decks only way i could get them off is to turn the deck off and tell them its broken !!!!

S

salina

my lad makes me proud the way he will name an old skool tune within usually 5 beats not bad for havin just turned 10 but at the mo hes really p***ing me off as someone has got him singing that sugarbabes tune !!!!!!!!!!!!

(u know who u r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:naughty: :naughty: )

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
:love: stee's lil lad ryan well makes us chuckle, if he is round at mine and no doubt ive got some random oldskool mix on, if he hears a tune he recognises he shouts out " my dads got that" "innit dad, thats yours"

he is a top lil funky dancer, but its even funnier when the try n sing along to some tune and they make up ther own lyrics thinking thats what it should say!! :love: bless his lil cottons:thumbsup: :cool:

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
Soda Jules said:
IQuite funny when they pick up some of the lyrics too. Following Sly T & Ollie J coming on the CD in the car, dropped our kids off at the in-laws last Sunday with them all singing in chorus "Coming on strong, like a yo-yo, up and down!". Made me chuckle... :D

LOL that's class.........really tickled me that has....can just picture a couple of nippers doing that..hehe.......:thumbsup:

Wezza

Apr 21, 2005
Nearer Than You Think .....
phones: yes that goes for us two the bearn is all way wanting to go on the decks weve got two spear styluses and two spear old skool tunes for him to mess about with .and he sing a long to j k you make me feel good .phones:

Mesh

Feb 19, 2005
Liverpool Laaaaa
Miss saysay said:
My little girl loves my tunes, she even gets out the spare slipmatts and puts them on a chair each then pretends to mix, lol bless her!! :D phones: :D

Awww Trace thats dead cute:love:

When I was little I used to stay in me nans and me uncle Grover used to be djing in his bedroom. I used to dance on the landing outside his door to Kraftwerk singing 'Ein Svein Darch Jimmy Hendrix', LOL..still don't know the real words.:cool:

beaker

Jun 24, 2005
Dr Huxtables
my lil un's loves singing an dancing:love:

family do's are ace, he spends the whole time on the dancefloor giving it death. he amuses me when were in asda or sommat an he bursts into song. lol we went to a christening the other month an he sat quiet as a mouse for the first hour an then starts singing amarillo top wack in the church. an as kids do the more i asked him to be quiet the louder he became:$ i took his hand an started to lead him out of the church, an he's shouting 'mummy muumy i'll be good' :dummy:

he's on with christmas songs this week..bless:love:

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
lol yeah mine was singing jingle bells dead loud on the train yesterday:king: :dummy:

beaker said:
my lil un's loves singing an dancing:love:

family do's are ace, he spends the whole time on the dancefloor giving it death. he amuses me when were in asda or sommat an he bursts into song. lol we went to a christening the other month an he sat quiet as a mouse for the first hour an then starts singing amarillo top wack in the church. an as kids do the more i asked him to be quiet the louder he became:$ i took his hand an started to lead him out of the church, an he's shouting 'mummy muumy i'll be good' :dummy:

he's on with christmas songs this week..bless:love:

grover

Jun 5, 2003
Mesh said:
Awww Trace thats dead cute:love:

When I was little I used to stay in me nans and me uncle Grover used to be djing in his bedroom. I used to dance on the landing outside his door to Kraftwerk singing 'Ein Svein Darch Jimmy Hendrix', LOL..still don't know the real words.:cool:
lol that was to this tune from 1990
http://www.discogs.com/release/39772
how old were you then lol ?

italooldskool

Jun 9, 2004
one of my lads is a breakdancer, he's well into his early electro stuff, favourite choons include tour de france, the smurf, al nayfisch etc.

whenever i put some tunes on he and my youngest son have a burnout lol:D

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
ha ha my 9 yr old son love his electro/hip hop also. His favourite is Grandmaster flash - The Message, he walks round singin it all day after hearin it in the car lol:D

'Don’t push me, cause I’m close to the edge
I’m trying not to loose my head
It’s like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder
How I keep from going under, uh huh huh uh huh huh huh huh'

Another he sings is Chill Rob G (or Snap)- the Power, he loves the
'It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic ' bit and sings the ' so please stay off my back ,Or I will attack and you don't want that, I've got the power '
:D
lol