Mr C selling collection

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
A `knock down` price of £75K no less. :mad:

He needs to change his medication - not far off £10 a tune and how much shite will there be in there along with the so called £40-50 tunes?

If no sale he will sell them individually.

Get listing.....because only a nutter would buy the lot at this price.

Mind you, there are plenty around. :fekked:

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
A `knock down` price of £75K no less. :mad:

He needs to change his medication - not far off £10 a tune and how much shite will there be in there along with the so called £40-50 tunes?

If no sale he will sell them individually.

Get listing.....because only a nutter would buy the lot at this price.

Mind you, there are plenty around. :fekked:
Absolutely - I can't see anyone parting with anywhere near £75000 - it's sheer madenss. £150,000 - £200,000 selling them individually as well - no chance.

I don't even think he'd get £10,000 for them as a collection without any kind of list.

geeselad

May 25, 2007
I'd expect him to have more than 8K as a working DJ over that period, Bet you could double that Barry? Pete Bromley told me he had 30K but sold a lot of in the latye 9ts.

Barrie Jay

Jul 20, 2003
Fleetwood - twinned with Royston Vasey
I probably have about 8000 - but trust me as a working DJ the amount of shite that arrives free in the post is alarming.

I used to keep everything that had the word PROMO on or was completely white in the beginning.

Then I started giving them all to Phil just to get rid.

More quality, less quantity.

Will have a count up someday.

tag

Mar 11, 2004
Byzantine period
i can move move,move any mountain of records..... no chance Mr C not at that price,just offered him 10K for the lot,not that i have 10K of course haha

tag
:rolleyes:

AB45

Dec 31, 2003
Essex
Id be suprised if this were legit as i know Mr C is a true vinyl freak. Hmmm im sceptical as he has more vinyl than that ive heard also.:confused:

SCR101.5

Apr 19, 2003
From another forum...

Hi everybody,

Here it is from the horses mouth.

Thanks for all of your comments, good & bad! Typical of the inter-nerds having a go. I hope you're having fun with it?
I bet none of you who talk shit have ever heard me play (or even go out very much, lol) & anyone who's familiar with a Mr.C DJ set will know I've only ever played good quality forward thinking upfront dance music.... ever!

I see comments like 'some good tunes & the rest are turds'? I beg you go find a Mr.C set with a turd in it & I'll stand corrected.

10 years ago or so I had about 16,000 records & got rid of half of them due to moving house & even they were decent but kept what I thought was the creme de la creme from what I'd been playing for the previous 10 years.

Bazzwalsh, You have no idea about my sets obviously judging by your comment as I've only ever played upfront dance music & never old tunes apart from the odd nostalgic retro night. My box is almost completely new & this has always been the case which is why I had a radio show on Kiss FM for 10 years called future music.
Thanks for you're narrow & aggressive comments on someone you know nothing about. Says more about you than it does about me. lol.

Look folks, In all honesty I don't expect to make this sale but I threw it out there just in case, you never know & it doesn't hurt anyone.
My collection has a whole lot of gems in it though from things like the early Mitchibal records to Melodious Miles to the original 'New York' by Deekay Jones to all the Alleviated tracks (The obscure fingers inc label) to all the early Master C & J & DJ Pierre to all the early Trax / DJ international / Murk / DSR / Transmat / Metroplex / Quark / Nu Groove / 100% Pure / I could go on forever.
I've always spun underground house & techno & have spent well in excess of £100,000.00 over the years on vinyl. Just ask Jazzy M from when he had Vinyl Zone records in Fulham, I'd spend aprx £250 every week for years on underground music from NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Holland, Germany, Italy etc.
Like I say, I really doubt that this job lot will go in which case I'm also quite sure that I'll earn more than my asking figure by selling them individually. If that's the case then so be it.... Still happy days & a decent return on my heavy investment.

I'll not be converting the whole collection to digital.
I'll still play new vinyl which is why the sale only includes music up to June 2008.
I will record those that are sentimental to me to CD if by some miracle I do manage to sell the job lot but should I not then I'll keep those with sentimental value for myself which won't total more the 400 units.

If I wasn't moving to LA I wouldn't be selling my tunes right now but would anyway in a couple of years time when I stop playing as a career.
Until then I'll continue to play 'new records' as I always have done & after this time I'll still play the odd special gig (maybe 10-15 per year only) to satisfy my passion for spinning.

For those that are scoffing at me moving to LA to act, that's fine, enjoy yourselves.
I've been studying since 2004 'Psychology & the art of acting' which is like a modern version of the teachings of Constantin Stanislavki & Michael Checkov & I'm loving every minute of it. I'm sure many of you will wish me all the best with my future endeavours even if the odd jealous Douche Bag wishes me ill fortune.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this & for your understanding in the matter.
enjoy the rest of your week.

Best & cheers,
Richard West aka Mr.C

Paul John

Jul 16, 2006
la la land
Mr C

From another forum...

Hi everybody,

Here it is from the horses mouth.

Thanks for all of your comments, good & bad! Typical of the inter-nerds having a go. I hope you're having fun with it?
I bet none of you who talk shit have ever heard me play (or even go out very much, lol) & anyone who's familiar with a Mr.C DJ set will know I've only ever played good quality forward thinking upfront dance music.... ever!

I see comments like 'some good tunes & the rest are turds'? I beg you go find a Mr.C set with a turd in it & I'll stand corrected.

10 years ago or so I had about 16,000 records & got rid of half of them due to moving house & even they were decent but kept what I thought was the creme de la creme from what I'd been playing for the previous 10 years.

Bazzwalsh, You have no idea about my sets obviously judging by your comment as I've only ever played upfront dance music & never old tunes apart from the odd nostalgic retro night. My box is almost completely new & this has always been the case which is why I had a radio show on Kiss FM for 10 years called future music.
Thanks for you're narrow & aggressive comments on someone you know nothing about. Says more about you than it does about me. lol.

Look folks, In all honesty I don't expect to make this sale but I threw it out there just in case, you never know & it doesn't hurt anyone.
My collection has a whole lot of gems in it though from things like the early Mitchibal records to Melodious Miles to the original 'New York' by Deekay Jones to all the Alleviated tracks (The obscure fingers inc label) to all the early Master C & J & DJ Pierre to all the early Trax / DJ international / Murk / DSR / Transmat / Metroplex / Quark / Nu Groove / 100% Pure / I could go on forever.
I've always spun underground house & techno & have spent well in excess of £100,000.00 over the years on vinyl. Just ask Jazzy M from when he had Vinyl Zone records in Fulham, I'd spend aprx £250 every week for years on underground music from NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Holland, Germany, Italy etc.
Like I say, I really doubt that this job lot will go in which case I'm also quite sure that I'll earn more than my asking figure by selling them individually. If that's the case then so be it.... Still happy days & a decent return on my heavy investment.

I'll not be converting the whole collection to digital.
I'll still play new vinyl which is why the sale only includes music up to June 2008.
I will record those that are sentimental to me to CD if by some miracle I do manage to sell the job lot but should I not then I'll keep those with sentimental value for myself which won't total more the 400 units.

If I wasn't moving to LA I wouldn't be selling my tunes right now but would anyway in a couple of years time when I stop playing as a career.
Until then I'll continue to play 'new records' as I always have done & after this time I'll still play the odd special gig (maybe 10-15 per year only) to satisfy my passion for spinning.

For those that are scoffing at me moving to LA to act, that's fine, enjoy yourselves.
I've been studying since 2004 'Psychology & the art of acting' which is like a modern version of the teachings of Constantin Stanislavki & Michael Checkov & I'm loving every minute of it. I'm sure many of you will wish me all the best with my future endeavours even if the odd jealous Douche Bag wishes me ill fortune.

Thanks all for taking the time to read this & for your understanding in the matter.
enjoy the rest of your week.

Best & cheers,
Richard West aka Mr.C

Mr c ..Well put mate! Niiicccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
The listing has ended did it sell or was it removed?

Tag maybe he accepted your 10k offer.... lol better get to the bank :spin:

siman91

Dec 28, 2002
Brisvegas
Ive met Richard once but my brother has worked with him a coupe of times and he is a top top guy. I would guess this to be a genuine sale and to be honest I would say the price is about right. His taste in music is top class, true acid and breaks problem being the later stuff which so far as i would be concerned would be rubbish. I would love to be in a postion to make a serious offer but I suppose I need a house more than even more records!

Its a pitty to see another dj sell their plastic but seems to show the way things are going. Soon collectors like me will be seen the same as sad old men collecting toy trains or something!

s

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Doesn't Bazzwalsh post on here?

He'll be missed when the End closes at the end of the year. Considering he's known as the face of Ebeneezer Goode, his dj'ing has always been underground, techno.

Danny

Jul 22, 2002
London, UK
www.ketoloco.com
I dont think i've ever heard mr.c play a bad record!! and his new stuff (i.e. anything from the past 5 years) definately isn't 'rubbish':| He plays some of the best house/techno around, and always has

On monday he said he was no longer selling his collection, not sure why he would need to to be honest, since he's getting about 60million for the end site (shared with layo & bushwacka)

he was out on monday @ stink with michael mayer. one second he was chatting away as normal.... the next he came running out of the side door dressed as santa and let off a fire extinguisher!! nothing new there then!

michael mayer was amazing on monday.... playing bones breaks, nightmares on wax, jamie principle.... went off!!!:cops:

mr sy1975

Dec 5, 2006
Sevenoaks, down south
I dont think i've ever heard mr.c play a bad record!! and his new stuff (i.e. anything from the past 5 years) definately isn't 'rubbish':| He plays some of the best house/techno around, and always has

On monday he said he was no longer selling his collection, not sure why he would need to to be honest, since he's getting about 60million for the end site (shared with layo & bushwacka)

he was out on monday @ stink with michael mayer. one second he was chatting away as normal.... the next he came running out of the side door dressed as santa and let off a fire extinguisher!! nothing new there then!

michael mayer was amazing on monday.... playing bones breaks, nightmares on wax, jamie principle.... went off!!!:cops:

Shit it that true about the 60m for the end site...:p :$ :| :eek:

In regards to MR C comments, fair play to the guy. He is one DJ that I have always thought of as not selling out and very upfront in his musical tastes.

Good luck to him, he could be the next tom cruise:D :D