MP3 player thru your car radio?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

fugjostle

Oct 12, 2001
Leek
www.fugjostle.com
I've got an iPod so I've got an PodGear FM transmitter for my car. Love it to bits :)

db909 said:
Only catch I can see is if your car stereo doesn't let you tune your radio manually?

My radio doesn't let you tune manually but once the iPod is plugged in and playing it will stop at the channel cause its getting a good signal :thumbsup: So I doubt it would be an issue.

lippiatte

Apr 1, 2004
Orlando, Florida, USA
ALL and i mean ALL of the FM transmitters are complete garbage if you care even a little bit about sound quality....which i do VERY much.

you're much better off making use of the Aux Input of your car's head unit if it has one. and then get yourself one of those docks that has an 1/8" Line Out on it as to bypass the internal amplification that the unit produces through the headphone jack. if you don't then chances are high that you'll either get alternator whine, or a ground hum...whcih defeats the whole purpose.

i've done mine that way, and although it cost a fair bit, the payoff is 30 Gigs of CD (well...mp3 really) quality music at my fingertips. CHOICE!!!!

lippiatte

Apr 1, 2004
Orlando, Florida, USA
ALL and i mean ALL of the FM transmitters are complete garbage if you care even a little bit about sound quality....which i do VERY much.

you're much better off making use of the Aux Input of your car's head unit if it has one. and then get yourself one of those docks that has an 1/8" Line Out on it as to bypass the internal amplification that the unit produces through the headphone jack. if you don't then chances are high that you'll either get alternator whine, or a ground hum...whcih defeats the whole purpose.

i've done mine that way, and although it cost a fair bit, the payoff is 30 Gigs of CD (well...mp3 really) quality music at my fingertips. CHOICE!!!!