MP3 DJ's Beware !!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

acestu

Sep 29, 2003
Outer Space Mon Capitan
Was out in a local club this weekend when 2 blokes from PRS turned up to check the Dj's cd's for copies, don't know if they aranged the visit or just turned up on spec luckily my mates cd's were all bought.....

Here's a thought though, last week i purchased some Dj Seduction mp3's etc off tinternet, now if i put these on a cd to play in a club, then how can i prove that i bought them legit of tinternet if these geezers come in.....

Anybody know the Answer be interested to find out...

Cheers
Acestu :crazy: as ever !!

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
What a shitter ...... :naughty:

Only thing u can do is keep ur copies seperate to the originals n keep n hidden.....doesnt help i know if there is copyied disc in the player like :|

Think u still have the right to copy if u have the original , but i wouldnt be sure......id be interested myself :confused:

RetroAndy

Apr 4, 2002
wakefield
Wat if you have ripped all your tunes yourself after buying the vinyl, How can you prove that. If you ask me its all a bit sketchy.

Andy

Naughty_Raver

Jun 25, 2005
London
www.fantazia.org.uk
Yes, but even then most proper cd's have a warning on them stating: 'UNAUTHORISED COPYING, HIRING, LENDING, PUBLIC PERFORMANCE AND BROADCASTING OF RECORDINGS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED'

I know pubs clubs, etc have to have a music liscense, does that cover that?

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
acestu said:
What if youve paid legit for an mp3 of tinternet though, no packaging no liscence info.......

Cheers for now
Acestu :crazy: as ever !!

If thats right what N R states which i dont doubt for 1 minute then......u could get done i presume and so could the person u bought it off in the 1st place :| :eek:

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
Naughty_Raver said:
Yes, but even then most proper cd's have a warning on them stating: 'UNAUTHORISED COPYING, HIRING, LENDING, PUBLIC PERFORMANCE AND BROADCASTING OF RECORDINGS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED'

I know pubs clubs, etc have to have a music liscense, does that cover that?

The license that pubs / clubs etc have is for public performance. It doesn't mean you can get away with playing copies, it's just so you can't get done for playing music to an audience.

nowthen

Nov 6, 2002
Stockport
acestu said:
What if youve paid legit for an mp3 of tinternet though, no packaging no liscence info.......

Its probably a copy anyway. :cops:

As far as the mp3 police go....fuck em I say, I know if I was a CD deck DJ I'd be playing rare as tunes every night.