Motivate-8 Rockin for myself quezzie

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
www.huxtableshouseparty.co.uk
Reet, I have a rather tasty DJ remix of this tune from 93. It is similar but loads better with a touch less cheddar and the vocals are the ones from 49'ers - Move your feet, as opposed to the Angie Brown resung vocals

Quezzie is, did the original promo or white label of this tune have the 49'ers vocal from move your feet? Or was it always Angie Brown on vocals??:confused:

Suffice to say it went down a FOOKIN TREAT at Goodtimes last month:thumbsup:

This is the regular version

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPDfS4jt6E]YouTube - Motiv8 rockin for myself[/ame]

I havent got a clip of my remix tho soz

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
sorry ste, can't answer the question, but i always liked the motiv-8 tune. it reminds me of this from the same sort of era that no-one seems to play any more:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wchBv0y4aI]Livin' Joy - Dreamer - YouTube[/ame]

might have to get a copy and annoy folk on here with it lol :p :thumbsup:

U31

Dec 18, 2007
Kiss me brown eye
It did my head in BITD John, with all the overplay it got..
I wonder if i have mellowed a bit now though, it was the same with D-Mob Acieed, what with the BBC radio 1 merry go round of piss takes at the time, and it getting played to death by Steve "Wanker" Wright in the Afternoon
I quite ferkin' like to spin it now tho!

nupski

Nov 2, 2007
Sheffield
know what i mean dave it was deffo overplayed, i seem to remember it was one of those tunes the pricks at radio 1 used to try to prove how trendy they were.

try this one, the tune is along the same lines but not quite as overplayed as dreamer so u might like it more ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GuP3N6LyA]Livin' Joy - Don't Stop Movin' (A-Manetta Mix) - YouTube[/ame]

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
Im thinking that the guys who did my remix thought hey lets use the original cappella vocals cos its a good idea and people who know their tunes will appreciate it and people who dont will think its good anyway lol

I dont have the original white label of rockin for myself to prove this but on discogs the white label promo says feat angie brown

Charlie

Jun 16, 2003
Carlisle
www.myspace.com
Ste I'm almost certain that the original white label had Ann Marie Smith vocal samples on it and also don't sound as cheesy.
I know I bought the original test pressing back in the day and 1 of my mates wanted a copy but had missed the promo run. He then bought the release version from Woolworths and I can remember him being gutted because it sounded fooking awful in comparison.

ste huxley

Jul 17, 2001
Planet E
Ste I'm almost certain that the original white label had Ann Marie Smith vocal samples on it and also don't sound as cheesy.
I know I bought the original test pressing back in the day and 1 of my mates wanted a copy but had missed the promo run. He then bought the release version from Woolworths and I can remember him being gutted because it sounded fooking awful in comparison.

Thanks for that mate, it would make more sense that a vocal steal was used initially and then they re-record it later on, as thats what usually happens lol