Most arse twitching club

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Mac The Ripper 🍴

VIP Silver Member
Jan 24, 2021
Chesterfield!
Hope I'll be excused for dragging up an old thread. Interesting that several people have mentioned Doncaster Warehouse, and rightly so. Being a resident of the town I was familiar with it but never went in due to the reputation, what we all heard from people who did was enough! My younger brother used to go in and that was recommendation enough to avoid it, as he was (still is) a dodgy fucker. Serious clubbers in Doncaster went to Sheffield.

Yes, the Adelphi in Sheffield could be rough too but for me the worst in the area was Niche in Sheffield. Often found ourselves in there after Gatecrasher as it was open until midday or summat, long after Crasher kicked out. Sunday morning you had hours before the first train so it was Hobsons choice, Niche to stay warm. Really nasty atmosphere, lots of massive blokes in there (popular with the Blades Boys Club) and open drug dealing. Eventually got shut down after a bouncer was murdered on the door.

Sounds bad reading it now but to put it into context, at that time in any northern town you could easily get your head toed in any night of the week in an ordinary pub or nightclub just because someone decided they didn't like the look of you. So this sort of shit in a club was just pretty ordinary. You learned to be streetwise and avoid trouble, or didn't survive. It was because of this sort of thing that the genuinely friendly clubs were special but anyone thinking that was the norm is either using rose tinted specs or wasn't there, they were rare and got rarer as clubbing became invaded by the pub pissheads.
100%👏👏👏👏

D

Deleted member 55526

Rockworld in Manchester! alot of taxing going on and acid being thrown in faces .... and not the nice acid lol

D

Deleted member 55526

Thats extreme regards the acid, what yr was that ?
Think it must have been 92, New Dawn at Rockworld. Was in the toilets and someguy came running in and had acid thrown in his face. Apparently happened to a couple others that night. It was a well shady atmosphere, only went because it was Stu Allans birthday!