morecambe empire?

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

pedros

Feb 6, 2007
anyone out there remember the good old nights they used to throw at the empire?phones:
it s now replaced by a netto store :naughty:
i recall my first disco biscuit bein in there and comin up for the first time to interceptor 17 'halleluya'......ahh memories,

what was your first? :crazy:

CANO ...

VIP Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Manchestoh
Mc donalds in wigan lol , of the dove variety :p

Rushed up stairs into bogs coming up like a mother fcker :crazy:

Then went on to a rewind night with adam wilson & noggy :king:

Fckin ace ace night :D

Ahh take me back NOW :p

Tino

Sep 17, 2002
Bridlington
empire

went there 2 or 3 times straight after Jenks Bar so probably didn't enjoy it as much as I should have as was pretty burned out from being a loon all night in Zone:$

As for first pill, it was in the back of a car on the way to a party near Blackburn, had dabbled in acid and speed before but this was something else:thumbsup:

it was only the next morning going home again i found out the party i;d spent all night dancing in was held in an abbatoir:confused: wondered what the smell had been all night

Tino

Empire was the first decent club I went to in 1993 (Before that I used to frequent cheesy Ritzy type clubs/bars cos that's what my mates were into, and I was more of a follower back then)

First time coming up was very mild/hardly noticable so I was thinking "is that it!!!!!?" (Must've got a dud)

dazz m

Mar 13, 2006
sunny morecambe
remember the times well mate.
i used to dj there on the upfront allnighters warming up for the likes of matt bell,john j and paul walker. i have some flyers somewhere so if i knew how to upload them,i'd put them on!
great times had by all who went from 9pm till 7am :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

Inchigh

Mar 23, 2007
Republic of Mancunia
Attended the upfront all nighters a few times and loved them all, the first ones at the empire skating rink were top notch.........(first time i had a pink newyorker:mad: ...........and we were glad to be there after all the shit that the dibble gave us trying to attend the revenge partys:naughty: ..........wernt much into the stalybridge events though, ceiling to low, too fucking hot, and charging £3 for a bottle of water.

The Dj's and organisation was excellent, for the time. well done to all involved and dazz m for getting us all in the groove;)

cheers mate, Inchy.

parky

Sep 14, 2007
lancaster
empire was ok yes.well the music side was great.but the thing that spoilt the EMPIRE was the secruity team.butch of steriods and cocaine heads,who caused a lot of shit and bullying at partys.
it was stuff like that ,that spoilt the old rave feel if u ask me.. taking people in rooms and beating them up doesnt really cut it for being a friendly venue.

butch of scousers aswell.(no disrespect) but they should have given the job to a bunch of mature local lads who knew the local people... instead of younger lads who would tax people then eat the gear them selfs.hmmmm..

parky

Sep 14, 2007
lancaster
just comparing to another local venue the carlton.where the bouncers was older dudes who just did there job in a professional manner...

empire was ok yes.well the music side was great.but the thing that spoilt the EMPIRE was the secruity team.butch of steriods and cocaine heads,who caused a lot of shit and bullying at partys.
it was stuff like that ,that spoilt the old rave feel if u ask me.. taking people in rooms and beating them up doesnt really cut it for being a friendly venue.

butch of scousers aswell.(no disrespect) but they should have given the job to a bunch of mature local lads who knew the local people... instead of younger lads who would tax people then eat the gear them selfs.hmmmm..

They were taken over though later by Mick Lyons boys ;)

adamw

Feb 13, 2007
Disco Outcast
They were taken over though later by Mick Lyons boys ;)

Says it all, that does Phil.

We had a spell of going up there after Legends when the party just didn't want to stop.

Does anyone remember having to have your photo taken when you went in for a membership scheme as it was the only way they could keep the licence?
That's one photo gallery I would have loved to have seen. :p

dazz m

Mar 13, 2006
sunny morecambe
had some mad saturday nites in there chaps!:crazy:
i used to dj the upfront nites warming up in the main room on the oldskool nites,then when it veered away from that sound, played in the ocean rooms (95-97) playing house/piano before it shut. got some flyers somewhere in an album!
used to go to a mates flat just down the prom after finishing and needless to say,sunday was a very messy day!!:cops: :roll: :fekked: :crazy:

Club memories

Apr 24, 2024
Mc donalds in wigan lol , of the dove variety :p

Rushed up stairs into bogs coming up like a mother fcker :crazy:

Then went on to a rewind night with adam wilson & noggy :king:

Fckin ace ace night :D

Ahh take me back NOW :p
Thay was good well think can you remember when they did the bigs all night the the country had to ever seen that was an all nighter I put the flyer out for that club so I new who was playing and when
Yes the all nighters were done by upfront promotions This club had one of the best sound system in there and lasers system Also the silk projections
hosted quite a lot of other clubs to come and join in the all nighters
The Empire vs Monrose night club. Yes thay was all link well
Empire vs the zone
And the bigs all night thay did was 2 1/2 days and night weekend
Destruction
That was the empire vs temple of sound?
That was all video as there was a full film crew in there that weekend aswell so look out for it I have see it two times but that was when I was in Wigan town centre pub at 730 am man of all the doors Brigg house out following weekend near to temple of sound record shop in Wigan thay had a mast copy of it Mick liner has a master copy of it