Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Northern Star

Staff member
May 10, 2004
On Cloud 9!!!
Micky said:
Just wanted to pay my respects to the entire Monroes crew. Everyone who transformed it from a small town country club into the legendary house club that will always have a very special place in many peoples hearts.

First time I went their Marcus K and Greenbins completely blew me away with their technical skills.

John J, Welly, Dread for being so amazing they had people queing mid-afternoon.

Mark C, Digsy, Shak, Cockle, Haz, Gilly, Moogy and the rest of the crew for some of the best nights of my life. Nipper / Mike E / Moonboots @ Eastern Bloc and everyone @ Beat Street for supplying the anthems. Darren from 808 State for getting us our first night at Monroes.

Simon for giving us a chance and keeping the faith even when the chips were well and truly down and Ian (steamy windows) for staying with it all the way!

Everyone who kept the vibe alive right through to 2004 through all the ups and downs.

Most of all though everyone who, danced together (on everything), cheered/airhorned/whistled, joined hands, laughed/cried, made friends for life, queued in the freezing cold, wouldn't go home, came back when others moved elsewhere, made it your life... if you were there, it's all down to you....

Nothing could ever touch that atmostphere.

PS. Sorry Dirty Harry, can't find a tape with the JB/Bassheads mix on, anyone else got a copy?

LOLOLOL i still see Cockle and Gilly......nothing changes shall we say ;)

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
Micky said:
Just wanted to pay my respects to the entire Monroes crew. Everyone who transformed it from a small town country club into the legendary house club that will always have a very special place in many peoples hearts.

First time I went their Marcus K and Greenbins completely blew me away with their technical skills.

John J, Welly, Dread for being so amazing they had people queing mid-afternoon.

Mark C, Digsy, Shak, Cockle, Haz, Gilly, Moogy and the rest of the crew for some of the best nights of my life. Nipper / Mike E / Moonboots @ Eastern Bloc and everyone @ Beat Street for supplying the anthems. Darren from 808 State for getting us our first night at Monroes.

Simon for giving us a chance and keeping the faith even when the chips were well and truly down and Ian (steamy windows) for staying with it all the way!

Everyone who kept the vibe alive right through to 2004 through all the ups and downs.

Most of all though everyone who, danced together (on everything), cheered/airhorned/whistled, joined hands, laughed/cried, made friends for life, queued in the freezing cold, wouldn't go home, came back when others moved elsewhere, made it your life... if you were there, it's all down to you....

Nothing could ever touch that atmostphere.

PS. Sorry Dirty Harry, can't find a tape with the JB/Bassheads mix on, anyone else got a copy?

Excellently put Micky we hardly missed a night in the very early 90`s and as you say never found that same atmosphere anywhere else.steamy windows lol moochin round the club durin the night.I think the way you could just walk into the dj box and talk to mickey or mark or scratchy paul or ste that used to do the full length brass disk scratch was excellent tho my fave dj was mickey I`m sure his girlfriend hated bein there she never smiled all night those rocket ice lollies they sold were top you could even have a cuppa T if you wanted and sit and talk to the staff behind the bar.And just to sum up how good it was when I was`nt on leave from the army and at monroes,I used to ring the club from my base in germany (from the sgt majors office lol)and they used to put the phone on the bar so I could hear the tunes lol peeps used to pick the phone and waffle to me off their tits,what a great club it was............................."thankyou all that made it fuckin possible"....if you went to the cricketers you`ll know who shouted that over the mike.................................... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

el-presidente

Jul 22, 2004
Preston
goosebumps - feck me

what can I say other than what u bin sayin - i'm sittin here almost in tears - remembering those nights - I know that might sound daft and ' soft ' but if u had been there at the times that I / we had been ther - you would know what I mean

GOD DAMN IT JONNI - THE THING THAT STICKS IN MY MIND IS THAT MORNIN THAT WE WERE AT JOANNA'S - ........... U WALKIN OUT THE DOOR .......... GOIN BACK TO GERMANY ........ ME STOOD THERE OFF ME TITS STILL ......... ( FUCK ME IT SOUNDS LIKE SOME GAY THING ) !!! - I can assure u its not lolololololololololol

That morning was weird / mad though wasn't it ???? :S :thumbsup:

el-presidente

Jul 22, 2004
Preston
Monroes

It was a part of all our lives for so long - it will never be forgotten - the people , the music - and the place - lets face it .... it was never gonna win any glamour awards -BUT - the people that were there at that time made it special - whether it be the DJ's ...... the crowd ...... or the shithole that the place was ( if we are being honest) it was a shithole of a venue ! ( BUT IT WORKED ) ........ IT WAS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!

I am so sad at the news .......... words fail me ........ (other than what I already said ) :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

AN AGE HAS PASSED !

el-presidente

Jul 22, 2004
Preston
Monroes -

I KNOW WOT I MEAN - AND SO WILL THE PEOPLE THAT WERE THERE

even though i'm pisssed 2nite - i'm sure that the people that matter will know wot i mean :thumbsup: :wave: :fekked: :fekked: :fekked:

how much bollox can one person say !!!!!!!!

everyone concerned knows wot i'm blabbering about anyway !!! :thumbsup: :fekked:

:$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$ :$

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
Before anyone gets the wrong idea i was`nt shaggin him ok lol just mates ;)
yeah m8 fuckin arsehole havin to get ready at 8 o`clock on sunday morn after sat night in monroes,to travel back to germany booooo! ,after sittin up all night goin aarrrgghhh whats that tune they played tonight ya know that one that went "dadadada didrdr dingdingdng tashtash ding a li" piano in it ya know which one I mean lol eeee them were the dayz bud...... :love: monroes :love:

el-presidente

Jul 22, 2004
Preston

feck me wot a 'group' of years we had -especiaally with the night when me dad came down - we were playin - ' wot cums up , must go down ' - then my dad came in ............. lolololololllloooolololololol

kids toys - 24 year olds ..........................................

Ha Ha

sgt.lead

Jan 31, 2004
Chorley.Lancs
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Four lads lay on the floor shitfaced after monroes playin with toys meant for toddlers lol you know the ones that have got heads that pop out of holes and you`ve got a little plastic hammer to knock them back down...yeah....well we were all playin with it and martyn`s dad came down and stood watchin us for about 5mins before anybody even noticed him lol with a very puzzled look on his face lol like what the fuck are you lot on ,this is about 5am sunday morn lol your dad must have thought we were loosin the plot big timelol......................eeeeeeeeeee memories

It`s a amazin the shit you get up bolloxed ;)

Saysay

VIP Gold Member
Apr 20, 2003
Madchester
www.mixcloud.com
sgt.lead said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Four lads lay on the floor shitfaced after monroes playin with toys meant for toddlers lol you know the ones that have got heads that pop out of holes and you`ve got a little plastic hammer to knock them back down...yeah....well we were all playin with it and martyn`s dad came down and stood watchin us for about 5mins before anybody even noticed him lol with a very puzzled look on his face lol like what the fuck are you lot on ,this is about 5am sunday morn lol your dad must have thought we were loosin the plot big timelol......................eeeeeeeeeee memories

It`s a amazin the shit you get up bolloxed ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

Nice one!!

:rofl: :rofl: