mobile phone

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

*mizzbucky*

Aug 1, 2006
lo everyone im after a mobile phone not sure which one to get, I want a samsung or a sony ericsson, want to spend prob no more than £150, with a good camera mp3 and bluetooth any ideas anyone :)

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
I'm gonna get me a new phone too, in fact i'm gonna send them a months notice today now that you've reminded me:thumbsup:

Not sure what to get either, but I don't really want a big phone:S

nics

Oct 5, 2004
im like herpes....never quite fcuk hoff!!!
dunno what to suggest.....but deffo dont get the samsung soul, its a bag of shite!!!

i loved nokias but then got bored so switched to samsungs and have loved them all.......but the souls shite i think, cameras not much kop....well it is its the flash thats not.

i think erricsons are good, and always take decent piks:thumbsup:

just shop about coz they have come down in price and if ur buying one outright on payg then theres decent ones to be had for £150:thumbsup:

Charlie

Jun 16, 2003
Carlisle
www.myspace.com
in a word kaz........

nokia-n96

This will surely be replaced as Nokias flagship phone asap. Took them so long releasing the bloody thing that their main rivals have all released 8mp phones whilst the N96 is only 5mp.
The N95 was one of the best phones on the market for 2 years but this certainly wont have the same shelf life imo.
Gutted coz I'm due and upgrade and if this had been an 8mp I'd have got it for deffo.

This will surely be replaced as Nokias flagship phone asap. Took them so long releasing the bloody thing that their main rivals have all released 8mp phones whilst the N96 is only 5mp.
The N95 was one of the best phones on the market for 2 years but this certainly wont have the same shelf life imo.
Gutted coz I'm due and upgrade and if this had been an 8mp I'd have got it for deffo.

Same position mate... I'm due an upgrade in the next month... currently got an N95 tbh there's nothing really in the N96 that's worth the upgrade... I've also got Garmin loaded to my N95... was considering the Sony X1... or I might just keep the N95 but get a reduced monthly tarriff instead...

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
So which service provider do you all use and do you rate it?

I've been with Vodafone for years now and haven't had any problems with them since I switched back.

The coverage is excellent - far better than t-mobile and orange when i tried those 2 out (although that's going back years). I haven't tried O2 yet though.

Looking on this site Compare Mobile Phone Networks, Reviews of Providers at Review Centre 35 products they don't rate too highly though:S

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here
So which service provider do you all use and do you rate it?

I've been with Vodafone for years now and haven't had any problems with them since I switched back.

The coverage is excellent - far better than t-mobile and orange when i tried those 2 out (although that's going back years). I haven't tried O2 yet though.

Looking on this site Compare Mobile Phone Networks, Reviews of Providers at Review Centre 35 products they don't rate too highly though:S

Orange used to be really good untill it got bought out by a french company.

*mizzbucky*

Aug 1, 2006
im on o2 pay and go, never had any trouble and get a cpl of freebies too when u top up each month, reception has always been good too:thumbsup:

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Orange used to be really good untill it got bought out by a french company.

Orange has always been owned by France Telecom its a French Company.

Im on Orange personally ; Voda and Orange are usually always up there coverage wise and customer service wise as well.

wayne

VIP Silver Member
Mar 3, 2004
Timperley
Orange has always been owned by France Telecom its a French Company.

Im on Orange personally ; Voda and Orange are usually always up there coverage wise and customer service wise as well.

Sorry Sy you were right mate- they bought it in 2000 off hutchinson Telecom.

That will teach me to be a smart arce.:condom:

sy69

Jan 17, 2004
Not Here

Same position mate... I'm due an upgrade in the next month... currently got an N95 tbh there's nothing really in the N96 that's worth the upgrade... I've also got Garmin loaded to my N95... was considering the Sony X1... or I might just keep the N95 but get a reduced monthly tarriff instead...

Have read in a review for a sumsung that nokia are releasing a 8mp version nearer the end of the year,couldnt find the review so cant link to it.

Sorry Sy you were right mate- they bought it in 2000 off hutchinson Telecom.

That will teach me to be a smart arce.:condom:

Forgiven for being a smart arse :p

ilovepiano

Jul 9, 2002
I've had one of these for 4.5 years. Still going strong. You can even use it to make phone calls which is a bonus. :)

nokia6230.bmp

Ed

Aug 1, 2002
London
Just got an iphone. No MMS, and the camera isn't great, otherwise though its the sex. Its like having a phone, ipod, laptop all in one. Great for music geeks.

Doddy

VIP Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Manchester
i recomend a sony fone :) i have a k750i or sumat and the camera is good 2 say it only 2.0 mp, ive dropped it many a time and it still goin strong , as far as mp3 goes it good for tht 2 . some fones u get a 1 gb mem card free which is good coz tht will store enuf tunes for u :)

im on 02 and i think the reception is the best . i wrk in the high peak and on vodafone and orange u dont get a reception :( i also get 500 free msgs on 02 aswell which is good , pay as u go 02 :) not contract :p