mc,.......talent!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

david neck'em

Jul 3, 2002
Blackpool
ok

just thought of one my mate did at a party and we didnt even notice untill we listened to the tape the next day!

he's in the middle of a long rhym and then comes out with the classic "dont be nasty eat cornish pasty!".

pacman

Nov 11, 2001
Manchester
Cant remember who it was but ive got this corker on a tape:

"You wanna keep the Mickey Finn In Yorkshire dont ya, ya wanna feed him egg and chips.....and Yoprkshire puddin'"!!!

And Mc Lethal @ Shelleys:

"Big shout out to the Northern Ireland crew, All the way from.............Northern Ireland" (thats a shock!!!!)

Lethals fekkin excellent, get him at GT....go on, go on, go on , go on.

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
As a general rule, I don't like MC's on tapes, as most of the time I think they spoil them, But, there have been exceptions....

1) MC Robbie Dee / DJ Ratty Live at Detonator "....and my DJ explodes upon impact, set the detonator....he's gonna get inside your head sooner or later".

2) MC Chase / DJ Steve Luigi - Gallery - Leeds March 92 "...this is the sound of a Scotland's MC, watching you people, feeling happy....we're gonna rock you and we're gonna rock you right, another one and a shocker on the mike!....."

.,..practically anything that Robbie Dee said was okay, and mostly above average - not real howlers...like some MC's.

They do sound good on tape, even though, they look crap now!.

Come to think of it, I've only ever liked a couple of MC's, namely, Lethal from Shelleys, MC Fox from the Gallery in Leeds, DMO from the same, Robbie Dee (toured a lot with Ratty and the Eclipse / Quest DJ's), and the MC from a tape with Carl Cox at Rezerection.

I'll never forget MC Jukki Gee (spelling?) MC'ing with Carl Cox at Phobia in Leeds 93, he was abosolutely fookin crap.... handed over to MC DMO (Leeds' finest) after spouting "No dibydibydibydibydiby DJ...." for what seemed like an eternity - DMO took the mike and totally blew him away. Jukki Gee was just stood there, speechless. Class.

My mate used to do a bit of MC mickey taking when out and about in clubland, namely "MC Yorkie" and "MC Paranoia" - MC Yorkie was "eeey up luv, a ye ready... oki doki, ere' we go.... Two pork pies and a cornish pasty, watch out luv these tunes are nasty"...MC Paranoia was "lookin at ya.... he's behind ya...." etc.

Very funny at the time, (honest!) but I guess it was one of those "you had to be there" things....

Nice subject Mr Neck'em!!!

:)

Phil

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Well funny :)..............""MC Yorkie" and "MC Paranoia" - MC Yorkie was "eeey up luv, a ye ready... oki doki, ere' we go.... Two pork pies and a cornish pasty, watch out luv these tunes are nasty"...MC Paranoia was "lookin at ya.... he's behind ya....".

Classic!.

Sirius.

I got some gallery tapes with an MC on, they are the only ones I can stand really (although its non flippin stop!). That guy had a rhyme for everything - everything!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Phil

Jun 21, 2002
Leeds, UK
Sirius.

I got some gallery tapes with an MC on, they are the only ones I can stand really (although its non flippin stop!). That guy had a rhyme for everything - everything!!!!!!!!!!!!.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Alright mate,

Have ya?, oooh, are you up for trades?!...

Mid 91 / early 92 at the Gallery we had "MC Shakey" - he was mainly pretty bad, but did have the occasional good night.

Then DMO took over, DMO in my opinion was one of the best MC's around, I think that'll be who you're meaning - as he did do a lot of rhyming.

After DMO came MC Fox - Fox was okay, but not as good... then it alternated between Fox & DMO, with the occasional guest MC for a while until it's closure in June 94.

Thanks for the memories mate!!.

Phil