maximes 31st August

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

woody

Two words..............F*cking Awesome
i must admit i had my doubts about going back to Maximes after my 18month absence but how wrong was I?

After going up with Butty who was on first, I was first person through the doors- so as you can expect the first 20mins or so was relatively quiet.......
big respect to Butty who spun his usual classic tunes and by 10.30 the first few made their way to the dance floor.....i mean when you hear Rachel Wallace mixed into Denise Lopez you gotta dance right?????
i spent the first hour in the Booth with the B man and by the time RJ showed up at 11 the place was beginning to rock......something I as an ex maximes regular has NEVER seen before.
As Per usual RJ played another mix perfect set dropping some wicked tunes that had the place rocking to the hilt
The thing that surprised me most is the number of people that still turn up there month in month out.....at 12 they were still queing all the way round the side of the building, something that other old skool clubs just cannot compete with....
after 12 we had Moggy & Gary H back-to-back playing the usual crowd pleasers sykick (or whatever its called) and Young mc to name but a few
next up was Dj ectic......big respect goin out.....for someone with such a disability to be able to drop tunes and mix like a mofo, is totally unbelievable you need to see it to believe it.
last up was Rob T with his quick mix skills rocked the place to its finale.
all in all one of my best nights out for ages, as i said before i did have my doubts for this place but most of the old stripey jumper and Rockport crew have gone and the new stripey jumper crew do not have the attitude of their predecessors, which probably confirms Maximes as what it once was...........

THE BEST OLD SKOOL NIGHT IN THE NORTH

check it out- you wont be disapointed

Peace out

The Wood

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

butty

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 15, 2001
Manchester
www.oldskoolanthems.com
good review woody fella i agree the place is so much different than what it used to be like, the atmosphere in there was amazing and the sound system definetly cant be beaten, id recomend anyone to give it a whirl and for those who are put off by reports of how it used to be id say give the place another chance and youl be pleasently surprised :thumbsup:

jamie_crichton

Registered Member
Feb 7, 2002
cumbria
www.jayonline.tk
sounds like an achievement all in itself.

most people wid a disability wouldnt even put themselves thru that much stress but to mix to a crowd is quite mad :thumbsup:

local lad round here dj's wid one arm i thought that was summet to see. looks like its been beaten.