Mark Moore & Allister Whitehead - Transmission 1995 (Double Pack)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
Mark Moore & Allister Whitehead - Transmission 1995 (Double Pack)

I don't think I've shared this one on here before. Again, did a search on here and on Google and nothing showed up, so here it is...

This is a tape pack that I had and ripped from a number of years ago, but had somehow lost the mp3s.

Big thanks to Jonny AKA China me old for sending me these again. Thanks dude :king:

Please do NOT sell or stick these mixes on on MixCloud, SoundCloud, HearThis, YouTube, Facebook etc. Thanks:thumbsup:

All those lurkers and non members must be having a field day with all these new uploads. Would be nice if you got involved rather than just taking and fucking off though:(

Tape 1 - Mark Moore:
https://mega.nz/file/JnR3lKTA#woVcE7LQedUEhyabBPCGEOwDSqRFLfBfdjK1otFV5po

Tape 2 - Alli Whithead:
https://mega.nz/file/I7IVkKzZ#HuJvh3db1zFHcJy9v9Wvn8Fg_EChaoNFu4JDjQxNmIU

MM & AW - Transmission 1995 cover.jpg

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
thanks again for sharing these Henry & Jonny ;) the Mark Moore set is a new one for me

the Ali Whitehead set was upped to OSA years ago as a Chuff Chuff set & a Miss Moneypennys tape, unsure which is correct but again another Transmission tape also labelled at Miss Moneypennys/Tease there must be a connection somewhere

Allister Whitehead - http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70149

1. [00:00] ??? https://www.oldskoolanthems.com/attachments/track01-take-some-time-time-to-get-to-know-me-mp3.22150/
2. Adina Howard - Freak Like Me (Latin House Mix)
3. Daphne - Change (Fathers Of Sound Classic Vocal Mix)
4. Chrissy Ward - Right and Exact (Stonebridge Mix)
5. Joe T Vanelli - Sweetest Day Of May
6. Darootz - My Warrior
7. Brooklyns Poor & Needy - Happiness (Is Just Around The Bend) (Free Cheese Mix)
8. Old skool - Let Me In (Push And Up Mix)
9. Club 69 - Diva (Diva's Groove) [Tribal]
10. Size 9 - Im Ready
-split-
10. Size 9 - Im Ready (cont)
11. Erire - Shine (Clubzone Mix)
12. D'Bora - Going Round (Dancin Divaz Mix)
13. Meechie - You Bring Me Joy
14. First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder (Yellow Cab Mix)
15. Judy Cheeks - As Long As Your Good To Me
16. A.S.H.A. - JJ Tribute (New Atlantic Club Mix)
17. A.F.C. Botswana - Keep Rockin [The Cynical ep]

Mark Moore
1. Happy Clappers - I Believe
2. 2 In A Room - El Trago (The Drink) (Bottom Dollar Club Mix)
3. Alex Neri - Planet Funk (Club Mix)
4. God Within - The Phoenix
5. Finito - Movin 2 Music [Stylofiction]
6. Floorjam - Stoneage (Aquarius Power Chord Remix)
7. Dreadzone - Captain Dread (Walk the Plank Mix)
8. Lois Lane - Set Me Free (Fat Drum Mix)
9. Jinny - Keep Warm (T Empo's Balearic Ballistic Mix)
10. Randy Crawford - Forget Me Nots (Stylofoam Mix) [Atlantic]
11. Castle Trancelot - Indoctrinate
12. Sugarbabies - Magic In U [Fresh]
13. Tala Box Inhibitors - Protein [Touche]
14. Scarlet Fantastic - No Memory (Ecstacy Mix)
15. A.S.H.A. - JJ Tribute (Space Version)

Last edited:

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010
thanks again for sharing these Henry ;) the Mark Moore set is a new one for me, just sorting a tracklist

the Ali Whitehead set was upped to OSA years ago as a Chuff Chuff set & a Miss Moneypennys tape, unsure which is correct but again another Transmission tape also labelled at Miss Moneypennys/Tease there must be a connection somewhere

http://www.oldskoolanthemz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70149

I'm starting to think the the promoters and/or the company producing these tape packs were relabelling them as tape series, eg Transmission, Submission, Bomb Productions, Bonded Beats, Liquid Grooves, Positive Collection, Mint Collection etc etc etc to make more money. People in the North did this with Steve Vertigo mixes, as we all know, by re-labelling them as Sasha mixes ans selling them down South. We lapped them up as the name Sasha had by then become godly. It doesn't sit right with me at all as they were basically pulled the wool over people's eyes to make money.

Last edited:
Reactions: notloboldschool

k00lworld

VIP Silver Member
Thanks for the mixes and tracklisting.

I suppose any tape packs not linked to a club night are going to be a repackaged set from somewhere unless they commissioned the DJs to create studio sets.

It's just a shame some unscrupulous people were not willing to label tapes properly so they could make more money.

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I noticed on one of the sets the music drops & somebody speaks on a mic, its edited out & jumps back to the music, might have been a clue to where it was recorded, i'll see if I can find it again

EDIT its the Mark Moore set @ 80min

Last edited:

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com
Grabbing these Transmission mixes this afternoon, thanks Henry and Jonny for the uploads, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Can't believe Mark Moore plays Scarlet Fantastic towards the end. Is it shameful to admit that i still love that tune? Childhood favourite and nostalgia is a powerful thing :$

Also the ASHA mix is the Space mix from the original 12"

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
Stu thanks for confirming the mix of A.S.H.A.

do you know what version is on the end of Ali Whitehead mix?

Scarlet Fantastic is a great track, its on a few of the Quadrant Part sets from 1990 made me think they were a scouse band

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com

Sorry mate, i never noticed your link to that tracklist. I have a couple of the mid 90s ASHA 12"s, but i never listened to them much. I never took to those re-sung vocals. Don't recognise that version i'm afraid.

Scarlet Fantastic is a great track, its on a few of the Quadrant Part sets from 1990 made me think they were a scouse band

Don't know how i've never heard those. I would be in some 80s heaven hearing that on a night out phones:

spaceface

Apr 2, 2004
www.discogs.com

I've had another listen and i think these vocals are different from the commercial re-release, so i reckon it might be this 12". If you check the notes you'll see that someone else sung the vocals on this version:

https://www.discogs.com/Ashah-JJ-Tribute/release/757735

I do have it, but unfortunately most of my vinyl is still stored in a unit waiting to see the light of day. Maybe someone else can confirm

Edit: should have just checked youtube. It's the New Atlantic Club Mix from this 12"

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
re: thanks for this pack!

:)

Had this and tons of others, but a family member at the house I was previously staying at gave away/sold/threw them out, a real shame, but I can relive them thanks to the kindness of people who share them on here. Still wish I could remember the mark moore set where I think he included john lennon imagine and lou reed take a walk on the wild side in his set, I definitely remember the lou reed track being right at the end of the set, very weird. Ah well, thanks again for this one!

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Mark Moore

8. [36:00] Lois Lane – Set Me Free (Fat Drum Mix)

I also think the Set Me Free (Island Dub) is on another set but cant think which one.

9. Jinny - Keep Warm (mix?) = (T Empo's Balearic Ballistic Mix)

Ive noticed Henrys copy isnt in stereo, so I've ripped my orig tape today , if anyone wants a copy just shout up and I will up it once I have joined both sides etc...

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Thanks to Riccardo RS on my YT for spotting this, its also been added to the copyrights on the video.
I probs need to go through all my vids to see if anymore tracks have been added to the copyrights.
Mark Moore
3. [05:00] = Alex Neri - Planet Funk (Club Mix)

Reactions: brady