Mark and Lards last day on radio one.

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Right guys, this is a very sad day.............It's Mark and Lards last day on radio one. From what i hear it's gonna be an absoloute belter so get yerselves to a radio at 1pm. :thumbsup:

I'm particularly looking forward to Fat Larry White!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
I was just gonna post about this!! Work days won't be the same next week :( without mystery man, great moments in pop and lard's selections from his vinyl archive (how funny are they) Who's replacing them, I heard it was Colin Murray and Edith Bowman, can't see that being anywhere near as entertaining.

'Shabba'

Mar 3, 2003
Sniffing glue........again!
Mike said:
I was just gonna post about this!! Work days won't be the same next week :( without mystery man, great moments in pop and lard's selections from his vinyl archive (how funny are they) Who's replacing them, I heard it was Colin Murray and Edith Bowman, can't see that being anywhere near as entertaining.

Did you hear "like a rhinestone gayboy" the other day on the vinyl archive. I was proper crying with laughter listening to that!!!!!!!!!

It is gonna be colin and edith, i might actually start doing stuff in the afternoon now. ;)

mad matty

Sep 23, 2003
Warrington
proper gutted!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

radio 1 will never be the same!! the only good stuff left now are jo whiley and john peel!! :( :cry: :(

i think we should all give them a very large bigety bigety bong!!!!!! for them both!!!!

just think it is a STOP ............. (but where the carry on!!! :cry: :cry: )

(fat barry white!!! pmsl!!! hahahahahahahahaha)

blue jammer

Dec 9, 2003
Tis a real shame, they were ace, and they broke a lot of class music, that other DJ's wouldn't/couldn't play due to the ridiculous playlist policy Radio 1 have.

I reckon everyone who has tapped their previous shows, should rip and share them on soulseek, then we could just download and play them, it'd be like they were still on t'radio :)

mad matty

Sep 23, 2003
Warrington
quality idea :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

how good for fat harry white then!!! hehehehehehe :thumbsup:

blue jammer said:
Tis a real shame, they were ace, and they broke a lot of class music, that other DJ's wouldn't/couldn't play due to the ridiculous playlist policy Radio 1 have.

I reckon everyone who has tapped their previous shows, should rip and share them on soulseek, then we could just download and play them, it'd be like they were still on t'radio :)

mad matty

Sep 23, 2003
Warrington
your life will never be complete without listening to mark and lard!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

how funny was the end with the STOP.......................................:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

doolz said:
never listened to em
were they good

oh well cant miss what ya never had

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
mad matty said:
how funny was the end with the STOP.......................................:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was expecting a final gag at the end when it all went quiet... but apparently someone forgot to switch the studio back to london so sarah cox could start her show so there was just silence! Think that might be the end of me listening to radio 1, will have to remember to take some cds into work next week :(

Dj M Jaxx

Oct 12, 2001
YORK UK
www.myspace.com
noooooooo cant belive it is all over

its just not fair.....its just not fair

the world is a sadder place without these two....think im just gonna sleep between the hours of 1-3pm now

RIP Mark and Lard show........you will never be replaced.......ever :(

GET BACK TO WORK !!!!!!!

kev

Feb 1, 2002
Kendal-Cumbria
www.italiandance.co.uk
They were excellent when they were on in the evenings and then the breakfast show but I reckon they got a bit long in the tooth! Same old tripe day in day out and they even turned me to radio 2 :| The only thing i'll miss about them is fat Harry White, nothing else on the radio has been as funny as fat Harry and his bedford rascal!!!!

mad matty

Sep 23, 2003
Warrington
kev said:
They were excellent when they were on in the evenings and then the breakfast show but I reckon they got a bit long in the tooth! Same old tripe day in day out and they even turned me to radio 2 :| The only thing i'll miss about them is fat Harry White, nothing else on the radio has been as funny as fat Harry and his bedford rascal!!!!

i don't know - that for some reason what kept me interested!!! i mean chris moyles did the same stuff day in day out and i got bored of it but for some reason no matter how much mark and lard repeated themselves i still found it funny till the very end!!! :D ;)