--- Marcus Garvey Centre & Rave FM - Nottinghams Pirate Station Mixes ---

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Ed_the_ball

May 15, 2004
Chester
Recently acquired these mixes from the Marcus Garvey Centre & Rave FM Nottm which in our neck of the woods back in the day was the bees knees.I know a few of you like and collect stuff from the station.
Hardcore and plenty of breaks,hope you enjoy as much as i am doing :thumbsup:

Sy Marcus Garvey Centre 31.1.92

Sy marcus garvey 31.1.92.mp3

DJ Trade, Mix Junkie & Sy 31.1.1992 (A)

Trade & Mix Junky & Sy - Rave FM 1992 - Side A.mp3

DJ Trade, Mix Junkie & Sy 31.1.1992 (B)

Trade & Mix Junky & Sy - Rave FM 1992 - Side B.mp3

Fast Eddie & DJ Marga - Rave FM - Nov 1991

Fast Eddie & DJ Marga Nov 91 ravefm1.mp3

Mayhem & Senator - Rave FM 1991 (A)

Mayham & Senator - RaveFM - SideA.mp3

Mayhem & Senator - Rave FM 1991 (B)

Mayham & Senator - RaveFM - SideB.mp3

DJ Trade & Mc Law Feb 1992

Trade & Law Rave Fm feb`92.mp3

DJ Trade Feb 1992

DJ Trade Feb 92 ravefm2.mp3

Bad Boy T - Dreamworld 2

BadBoy-T Dreamworld2 27.12.92 marcus garvey tape3.mp3

Principle & Sub - Dreamworld 2

Principle & Sub Dreamworld2 27.12.92 marcus garvey tape1.mp3

Easygroove - Dreamworld 2

Easygroove Dreamworld2 27.12.92 marcus garvey Tape4.mp3

Mr E & DIY Jack August 1991

ravefm3 Mr E & DIY Jack Aug 91.mp3

Mr E (A) Mid 92

mr e- rave fm.mp3

Mr E (B) Mid 92

mr e -rave fm side 2.mp3

Mix Junkie & Senator September 1991

Mixed Junkie & Senator Rave fm sept `91 side1.mp3

Mix Junkie,La T & JB - Rave FM - October 1991

Mix Junkie & La T & JB ravefm oct 91.mp3

Unknown DJ - Rave FM - 1991

`91 mix rave fm nottingham.mp3

Well alls left to say is enjoy and any feedback would be gratefully received either way ;)

Last edited:

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Yeah Heatwave ran for years it was excellent plenty of reggae,hip-hop,soul,dub etc

what i remember the most was when envogue's hold on came out and one step mixing the two same tracks up and scratchin the hell out of it, also i first heard on there was mc's logik and also blade lyrical maniac.

Foo

Feb 14, 2006
If you're on facebook, then there's a rave fm group, where somebody has put up a copy of the timetable.

yes and that group is mine and so are these mixes.

feedback? sure, ****.

at least credit where they fucking came from and at least direct people to the group.

when i find out who you are in the group you will banned !!!!!

the people who would love these more than anything as they are not big DJ's to most people are the listeners back in the day in nottingham.

i just hope you guys liked them.

theres many many more to come but not until ive ratted out this abuser of a good group.

even has the audacity to ask for feedback as though he did all the hard work.

90% of the rips are my own and the rest from friends and a handful off the net, the 90% i spent hours ripping and uploading. yes for sharing but not in the manner that you have done it.

there all there on facebook for everyone (or they was) but now why would anyone join the group?

luckily ive saved a lot of the jems to see how the facebook group went.

so from now on only nottingham members will be allowed to join the group due to this abuse and lack of respect to original source.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Foo

Feb 14, 2006
sorry guys but all sets locked. if you didnt get them sorry.

i wanted to share them all but Adam Peck decided to abuse the fact ive done all the hard work on these sets and wanted to claim credit for himself from the group ive created to share these rare as hell golden jems. even the guys running the station at the time didnt have many sets at all.

heres a list of the ones ive ripped so on an archive site ive set up..

RaveFM

ive spent many many months sorting a flyer site out and redesiging it at the moment so only about 30% of the flyers are still live but still a thousand or so and also there is a nottingham rave fm archive of flyers. feel free to browse them...

oldskoolflyershome

as you can see im oldskool through and through like you wouldnt believe.

dont get me wrong as i want to re-iterate, i want to share them with the people that listened to the station back in the day, in doing so i was hoping by setting up the group on facebook and the archive site where people could share their own sets, this was in the hope that other locals may get the urge to share their material and thus make a larger online archive than ever before.

if this kinda thing happens to the group people wont bother sharing their own tapes of rave fm possibly.
and the main gripe with this said is that you took no thought in pointing people to the group or relevant sites relating to this group and then wanted biggups for yourself!!

really disappointed TBH.

and you can check Adam that ive banned you from the group permanently on facebook.

Banned
Sets Locked
Rant over

Ed_the_ball

May 15, 2004
Chester
I,m sorry you have taken this totally out of context, i don,t want any credit for the mixes whatsoever Paul, you do not know me and if you did you would know that that isn,t my style fella.

I only wanted feedback from OSA's members because the Rave FM stuff is slightly different to much of the stuff on here and i kinda hoped people would appreciate a change.It wasn,t meant to put me on some kind of pedestal, personally i don,t give two hoots,just that the members on here enjoy some more tunes.

I firmly believe if i asked Carl & Richard et al ( yes they were raw and yes maybe the boys would be a tad embarrassed because it was their early work so to speak ) whether they minded 'their' mixes being shared they wouldn,t. I have been open and honest with you and have just sent you another i.m. on facebook.

You however deserve a thanks for your efforts, but please don,t judge me. I think you've gone a tad OTT tbh.

I am publically offering my apologies and banning me from 'your' group is fine even though Rave Fm would have beed nothing without it's army of listeners and rest assured i was amongst the first listeners you had in my neck of the woods. I neither need the mither,nor give two hoots,i just wanted to share some tunes with the members off here that stick mixes up regularly!
I am certain they don,t contact every DJ beforehand for their backing, and those that source from proggies like slseek don,t give out the usersname when they post them up on here.

Rant over

omfgdrama4rq.jpg

Shame these sets are no longer shared... they sound well worthy of a listen....

Foo

Feb 14, 2006
I,m sorry you have taken this totally out of context, i don,t want any credit for the mixes whatsoever Paul, you do not know me and if you did you would know that that isn,t my style fella.

I only wanted feedback from OSA's members because the Rave FM stuff is slightly different to much of the stuff on here and i kinda hoped people would appreciate a change.It wasn,t meant to put me on some kind of pedestal, personally i don,t give two hoots,just that the members on here enjoy some more tunes.

Firstly you know why im pissed off, dont think ive sourced these over slsk cuz i aint, any of these on the slsk will have come from me. so dont get it wrong that these sets ive got elsewhere, literally spent hours/weeks sorting them,ripping them, converting,uploading etc

i think ive a valid reason to feel that way when you didnt even mention where they had come from.

seems reasonable to me.

I firmly believe if i asked Carl & Richard et al ( yes they were raw and yes maybe the boys would be a tad embarrassed because it was their early work so to speak ) whether they minded 'their' mixes being shared they wouldn,t. I have been open and honest with you and have just sent you another i.m. on facebook.

Carl as in D2? pretty good friends with from the past TBH aswell as a few of the others. not sure who you meaning by richard though(??)

ive actually sent a cpl of the guys at Rave fm all my mixes already and asked them if not to share them publically as the group would then get more mixes for us old rave fm crew.
so yea they are all sweet more so as they never thought they would hear some of these sets again.

You however deserve a thanks for your efforts, but please don,t judge me. I think you've gone a tad OTT tbh.

I am publically offering my apologies and banning me from 'your' group is fine even though Rave Fm would have beed nothing without it's army of listeners and rest assured i was amongst the first listeners you had in my neck of the woods. I neither need the mither,nor give two hoots,i just wanted to share some tunes with the members off here that stick mixes up regularly!
I am certain they don,t contact every DJ beforehand for their backing, and those that source from proggies like slseek don,t give out the usersname when they post them up on here.

Rant over

I never did judge you if you re-read my comments, just expressed my anger at what you took from a private group with showing recognition to the group(not me remember, the group) as for judging it was that called me a 'Grenade Head'.

no sure what you meaning your neck of the woods, lived and breathed notts all my life.

a lot of sets shared are passed between a few oldskool/music sites publically, thats fine if its a public forum but not a private group.

Maybe you thinking im a little wrong in being a little angry and not wanting my material all over the net but personally without provocation i wouldnt of been annoyed.

So Adam, dont take it personal man to man, just a gripe that both parties are now aware of and hopefully no need to continue this gripe any longer.

peace

Foo

Feb 14, 2006
oh, and if you like rave fm are having a bit of another gathering at Via Fossa in Nottingham on 7th November.

Tickets £8
£10 on the door

Hopefully playing myself but depending what are other acts are booked.

Currently their is...

Ellis Dee
Nebula II
Genetic
Moulty
Surreal

On the bill.

FACEBOOK: Old Schoolball

come along n ill grab ya pint n put this other shit behind us.