Attachments

• bfae-5882-4648-9c6f-5cd4d8f2a15d.jpg
    bfae-5882-4648-9c6f-5cd4d8f2a15d.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: chinatownswhite

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
Ah ok, I remember his mix tapes too, interesting that you met him a few times in person. I wonder who is the most prima donna demanding type dj who wants only a certain brand of booze, and other outrageous demands, have heard of Oakenfolds explosive temper and him losing his rag in the dj booth, and remember someone saying they saw Pete Tong on one of the ibiza flights but he had a face like thunder, and they dared not say anything to him, have to admit he can look pretty stern. Thanks for the reply!

chinatownswhite

Feb 2, 2008
Middlander
Ah ok, I remember his mix tapes too, interesting that you met him a few times in person. I wonder who is the most prima donna demanding type dj who wants only a certain brand of booze, and other outrageous demands, have heard of Oakenfolds explosive temper and him losing his rag in the dj booth, and remember someone saying they saw Pete Tong on one of the ibiza flights but he had a face like thunder, and they dared not say anything to him, have to admit he can look pretty stern. Thanks for the reply!
Ya never know, Pete may have had a bad day like we all do, probs had problems at check in etc, tbh I dont even wanna talk to my mrs after getting on n off flights..
I have been very lucky over the yrs to be able to meet Djs / promotors / artists due to putting a few events on myself and mixing within certain circles and also along with traveling the world, I have to say tbh I have not seen one of them being rude to the public others may say otherwise....

One person in particluar, who I'm not going to name, booked onto one of my mates race days that he puts on, only 1 person knew who was coming that day and that was my mate, I help my mate on races days when hes short for staff, but only if hes really stuck, I'm just not that into racing tbh.

He knew I would want to meet this person, when he asked me, I said no mate just wanna chillout this wk end, my mate said NO you really should come, this person is someone you really will really want to meet, I asked who and he still said cant tell, ya so I went..

When the said person turned up, everyone was tottally gobbed smacked, the said person was so down to earth & humble, not one bit pretentious, made time for everyone but not in a fake way, spent the whole day with us all having a laugh, came to my mates after for some beers etc ;), telling us personal storys and so on.

Myself and others asked, do you get fed up with your fans asking for pics, signing things etc, the reply was no Im nothing without them, but I have no time for the papers aka msn

His only request was you can take has many pics has you like, but plz do not share them on social media or any web sites or I will not come bk again.

I think my mate was gutted, has he would have got so much more business if he was able to plaster those pics on his web site...

To this day not one of us has shared those pics, just out of respect and because of how nice and down to earth that person was, the person did come bk twice a few months later, but I was out of the country at the time so I missed it, what I thought was really nice the said person who came bk was asking after me and asked why I wasnt there, I had 3 missed calls that day from my mates number while I was in Belize, unknown to me, it was the said person using my mates phone to call me and take the piss lol .

I dont wanna sound like I'm name dropping or showing off, has thats not the case and thats not my style at all, I'm just saying it how it was from my experience...

Even if I did have a bad experience with any of these djs artists etc, I would not post it on here, I know for a fact there are some on here and other places under diff names

notloboldschool

Dec 17, 2016
Manchester
@chunky Agreed, oakenfold seems to come across alright from what I have seen on youtube, forgive me for that.

No worries Chinatowns, you do not come across that way at all, I find your posts about your experiences interesting.

Hope everyone had a good Xmas on here, new years eve next FFS, where do the days go, much like my hairline, they fly away!

Reactions: chinatownswhite

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
thanks for sharing this, recon its late 93

00:00 Incognito - Givin It Up
02:30 Ce Ce Peniston - Im In The Mood
06:00 Simply Soul & Donnie Mark - Stand Up For The Soul [Simply Soul]
09:40 Inner City - Do Ya
11:20 Groove Committe - I Want You To Know
19:00 J.C. And The Jam Experience - (Love) The Deep Beat (Vocal)
22:50 Candy J - Shoulda Known Better
27:00 Scope - So Deep [Olympic]
31:20 ? inst
34:00 ? "ooh yeah" female
39:20 DJ EFX - Groove To Me [Pound America]
34:40 Paninaro - Wildstyle Groove [Stress]
-split-
46:10 Awesome 3 - Freedom Of Life
48:40 ? "do do do it" male
53:40 Loni Clark - U (Club Mix)
57:30 Manjore - El Funky [First Impression]
60:30 X Minus One - Do That To Me
63:30 Hustlers Convention - Get Yourself Together
68:00 Natural Progression - A Little Music Never Hurt (Steve Proctor Mix)
71:30 Jarvic 7 - Hectic Nympho (Disco-Dub)
76:00 Exit EEE - Epidemic
79:00 Empirion - Narcotic Influence 1
83:00 Quench - Dreams (Crunched Up Mix)
85:50 Alex Party - Read My Lips
92:00 Tony DI Bart - The Real Thing (briefly)

Last edited: