Lovejoy

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Sam L'Mc

Mar 14, 2005
Manchester
Is anyone familier with the name LOVEJOY (His real name I think was Simon)? I was talkin with him today and apperently he was a major player in the performance of live techno/acid, around 88-92 I think where the years he said. Was I talklin to a legend! All that aside he was a really nice bloke, I could have listened to his stories all day! If anyone knows abit more about him, i'd be interested!

Cheers,

Tim Acid

Nov 1, 2003
The Acid House
theacidhouse.com
was this the person you were talking too???

lovejoy.jpg

lastnightadj

Jun 16, 2002
Bournemouth/Amsterdam
Sam L'Mc said:
Is anyone familier with the name LOVEJOY (His real name I think was Simon)? I was talkin with him today and apperently he was a major player in the performance of live techno/acid, around 88-92 I think where the years he said. Was I talklin to a legend! All that aside he was a really nice bloke, I could have listened to his stories all day! If anyone knows abit more about him, i'd be interested!

Cheers,

I've faintly heard of him - his name rings a bell - was he london based - I can't remember why though?

Sam L'Mc

Mar 14, 2005
Manchester
Yeh, actually he did have a london accent, allthough he said he'd worked all over the world. He said he's good mates with/or really respects "a guy called gerald". He was telling me about the fallout between a guy... and 808 state over the Pacific tune, and how they'd only just made friends again. Like I said, he sounded like he new shit loads and was prepared to tell anyone who was interested and I was all ears, I'll try and see if I can find out more meself while I'm at college today, I think he stands in for tutors when there of sick.

No worries if no one else knows anything about him, it doesn't matter I was just a little giddy last night when I got home, felt like I met a real leg end!

Cheers,:)