Jan 24, 2021
Chesterfield!

e039-9c5c-456c-9ab1-7aceff6112a0.jpg
8fba-5bae-4295-bfab-d3e5c19955a2.jpg

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Over the past few months I've been sorting out my external hard drives and trying to get them into a better order. I was pretty shocked to see how many Love Of Life mixes I have gathered over the years.

I know there are many, many more out there, but these are the ones I have to date. I think there is another Rampling mix too which I need to tag and add artwork etc.

View attachment 37787
View attachment 37788

I am happy to share any of these on here if there are any that people want. Does anyone have any that are not shown above that they would be ok to share?
I Have a few of these sets and a fair few that are not on here. reading through your reply's it seems that you guys have found my mixcloud page and the ones i have sold on ebay too. there are more to come as i slowly digitize over 900 tapes its a slow process as i am sure you appreciate.
Any chance you could upload - Smoking jo - 1995 i have been looking for that one for a while

ming.jpg

Reactions: Mac The Ripper 🍴

k00lworld

VIP Silver Member
i am not feeling the love here guys!!
my hard work seems unappreciated 😭

View attachment 39913
Welcome to the site, we are always looking to expand the community which, in my opinion, has been decimated by social media.

As the links in this site are open to unregistered users there are some people who just leech or worse sell mixes they have obtained from here and elsewhere, I'm looking at you LDD. As you point out buying and ripping tapes can be expensive, time consuming and often a thankless task.

Reactions: Ming The Merciless
D

Deleted member 56215

View attachment 39913
I appreciate everyone who has contributed over the years - I threw all my 90's tapes away when I was about 18 and started listening to other styles of music, but then recently felt an overwhelming nostalgic desire to hear them all again, and the only reason I've managed to get hold of them all again, except two, is because of the hard work of all the tape rippers on here, and elsewhere, so I am hugely grateful for that. On that note, here's the two Love Of Life's I just can't find...

1642853572198.png
1642853611601.png

henryvilla

VIP Silver Member
Jul 19, 2010

View attachment 39913
If all the mixes that you have shared on your MixCloud page are all your rips then hats off to you.

However, with all due respect I don't think they are. I'm not saying that some aren't, but I strongly suspect that you been grabbing them off here and other sites for years. Some of them contain artwork that I created myself for the mixes, so those with definitely have come from here.

It seems odd that you have only just created an account. presumably so you can comment, but I guess that's the downside of open forums.

I've just always found it odd when people grab stuff from other places, upload it as their own and then want praise for it.

That said, having been involved in the forum and music sharing circuit since the torrent days, I can appreciate the amount of time and commitment you have put in to regularly adding to your MixCloud page.

Reactions: Mac The Ripper 🍴

brady

VIP Silver Member
Oct 26, 2001
Scottish Borders
www.tracklistings.co.uk
I Have a few of these sets and a fair few that are not on here. reading through your reply's it seems that you guys have found my mixcloud page and the ones i have sold on ebay too. there are more to come as i slowly digitize over 900 tapes its a slow process as i am sure you appreciate.
Any chance you could upload - Smoking jo - 1995 i have been looking for that one for a while

View attachment 39912
welcome to the board Ming ;) yeah its a thankless task buying/ripping/sharing sets, especially when you see people selling your ripps online (ebay dj packs)

heres the Smokin Jo tape, unsure if ive shared this on here already, I couldnt find it

Smokin Jo 95 cover.jpg

Reactions: Ming The Merciless

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
Welcome to the site, we are always looking to expand the community which, in my opinion, has been decimated by social media.

As the links in this site are open to unregistered users there are some people who just leech or worse sell mixes they have obtained from here and elsewhere, I'm looking at you LDD. As you point out buying and ripping tapes can be expensive, time consuming and often a thankless task.
Many thanks for the welcome

Attachments

• ming.jpg
    ming.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 71

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
If all the mixes that you have shared on your MixCloud page are all your rips then hats off to you.

However, with all due respect I don't think they are. I'm not saying that some aren't, but I strongly suspect that you been grabbing them off here and other sites for years. Some of them contain artwork that I created myself for the mixes, so those with definitely have come from here.

It seems odd that you have only just created an account. presumably so you can comment, but I guess that's the downside of open forums.

I've just always found it odd when people grab stuff from other places, upload it as their own and then want praise for it.

That said, having been involved in the forum and music sharing circuit since the torrent days, I can appreciate the amount of time and commitment you have put in to regularly adding to your MixCloud page.
Nope not all of those tapes on mixcloud were ripped by me some were brought in bulk on disc from ebay (boxed-starsx2) no doubt raided from sites just like this one. As for this site i did not even know it existed until half four this morning when i found pics of my chess board with jon the pleased - love of life sitting on it that could only have come from one place my ebay account!

I want no praise for my collection but i do find it a tad disrespectful to find SKANKED FROM MING with downloads i ripped underneath it, I could not tell you how many tapes i have copied for people over the years i never once asked for payment of any kind just to clarify.

all these tapes are ancient now and need to be digitized and preserved and available to all, that was the only reason i started my mixcloud page so if by some horrible twist of fate my hard drive went up in smoke i would still be able to reclaim all those years of peoples nights out.

I still have many more tapes to rip so i might as well put them up on here my self and spread love like back in the old days

ming.jpg

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
welcome to the board Ming ;) yeah its a thankless task buying/ripping/sharing sets, especially when you see people selling your ripps online (ebay dj packs)

heres the Smokin Jo tape, unsure if ive shared this on here already, I couldnt find it

View attachment 39920

Many thanks Brady you are a Gentleman and a scholar much appreciated (y)

ming.jpg

Reactions: brady

Ming The Merciless

VIP Silver Member
Jan 21, 2022
Staffordshire
I appreciate everyone who has contributed over the years - I threw all my 90's tapes away when I was about 18 and started listening to other styles of music, but then recently felt an overwhelming nostalgic desire to hear them all again, and the only reason I've managed to get hold of them all again, except two, is because of the hard work of all the tape rippers on here, and elsewhere, so I am hugely grateful for that. On that note, here's the two Love Of Life's I just can't find...

View attachment 39918View attachment 39919

Sorry my friend i cant help with those 2 i have not got them

Attachments

• ming.jpg
    ming.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 56