Little help :-)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

JD7

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Hi, have you installed the chipset driver?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...tep3=T2240&OS=X01&LC=en&BC=eMachines&SC=PA_6E

The network card is probably based on the motherboard?

You may also be able to find drivers using the device ID info.

Go to control panel, system then Device Manager.
Once there find the network card that needs the driver, probably marked with a '?' icon
Right-click and select properties
Select the details tab and then find the hardware Ids - note these down.

Example - VEN_8086&DEV_10F5&SUBSYS_30DB103C

Go to your webbrowser and search for the VEN,DEV and SUBSYS that you have noted, you should be able to find drivers for those, even if it links to another PC manufacturer - The hardware ID's are for the chipset used, which several companys will use.

Hope this helps?

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Hi, have you installed the chipset driver?

http://global-download.acer.com/GDF...tep3=T2240&OS=X01&LC=en&BC=eMachines&SC=PA_6E

The network card is probably based on the motherboard?

You may also be able to find drivers using the device ID info.

Go to control panel, system then Device Manager.
Once there find the network card that needs the driver, probably marked with a '?' icon
Right-click and select properties
Select the details tab and then find the hardware Ids - note these down.

Example - VEN_8086&DEV_10F5&SUBSYS_30DB103C

Go to your webbrowser and search for the VEN,DEV and SUBSYS that you have noted, you should be able to find drivers for those, even if it links to another PC manufacturer - The hardware ID's are for the chipset used, which several companys will use.

Hope this helps?

Thanks very much JD I have scowled the net trying to find PCI\VEN_808&DEV_1039 but alas 'nishmans'And to top it all off i don't seem to have any sound?

JD7

Aug 5, 2004
Glasgow
Okay, can you please do the following:-

1. go into to control panel, system then Device Manager
2. Find the hardware that's not configured - those items with the '?' or if you have tried various drivers, they may be listed as 'installed' but not actually working - they'll be under Network Adapter and Sound,video and game controllers or something similar
3. please take a screenshot of each of the 'details/hardware Ids' for both items that are doing your head in lol
4. Send the screenies to me @ del.scott 'at' gmail.com
5. I'll hunt the net, search forums and do my best to get the stuff you need.

Um please note, if I get the hw Id's etc - I should get you sorted. I'm one of those wee chaps, wearing white labcoat and also those NHS glasses of old lol

It bugs the shit out of me when folks get fucked over by Microsoft and/or thie PC maker after a need to rebuild.

I hope to get you sorted out driver-wise BD :)

Can't promise cars,babes or lottery number wins, but hopefully a PC that werks lol

Del

Benny-Digital

Apr 20, 2006
Pink makes the boys wink....
Okay, can you please do the following:-

1. go into to control panel, system then Device Manager
2. Find the hardware that's not configured - those items with the '?' or if you have tried various drivers, they may be listed as 'installed' but not actually working - they'll be under Network Adapter and Sound,video and game controllers or something similar
3. please take a screenshot of each of the 'details/hardware Ids' for both items that are doing your head in lol
4. Send the screenies to me @ del.scott 'at' gmail.com
5. I'll hunt the net, search forums and do my best to get the stuff you need.

Um please note, if I get the hw Id's etc - I should get you sorted. I'm one of those wee chaps, wearing white labcoat and also those NHS glasses of old lol

It bugs the shit out of me when folks get fucked over by Microsoft and/or thie PC maker after a need to rebuild.

I hope to get you sorted out driver-wise BD :)

Can't promise cars,babes or lottery number wins, but hopefully a PC that werks lol

Del

Del you are a good man and i thank you very much for taking the time to help me out.. I'll sort that asap :thumbsup: :cool: