Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Lightning....

• Love it!

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Couldn't care less... wots the point in this poll, fool!?!

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
Got a proper thunder and lightning storm going on outside. Lighting up the whole sky and giving me a great background noise / visuals to the film i'm watching (JAWS).... I love lightning... woudnt want to be struck by it mind... what about you lot?!

Guggigurl and NorthernStar... I already know! lol! :p (but feel free to vote / add your 2 pence worth.... ;) )

sirius

Registered Member
Dec 28, 2001
Hate it.

The only good thing about it is the freshness after a humid day and the rejuvination of things somewhat.

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
well, i'm a female (quite obviously...!) and i love lightnin, think its mint! Don't get scared and could stand and watch it all day!!! I love the smell just befor its gona happen... I know what i mean, even if u lot dont...lol!!

grover

Jun 5, 2003
love it .... especially when it's like this...
lstrike.jpg

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
Nice one!

Riispek' to all the lightning lovers (and "aah bless" to all the lightning haters... :rofl: ):cool:

li'l Sonz said:
well, i'm a female (quite obviously...!) and i love lightnin, think its mint! Don't get scared and could stand and watch it all day!!! I love the smell just befor its gona happen... I know what i mean, even if u lot dont...lol!!

And yeah.. there is usually a 'storm smell'. Same as you get 'rain smell'. ;)

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
Silky said:
I could watch it for hours, 2nd best weather besides sunshine!!

:thumbsup:
I'd probably agree with you there.

Chris.... it's a hard life mate but it's pineapples or lightning... your choice!

Milenko... I sort of get your drift. See my advice to Guccigurl and Northernstar on this. ... You must conquer your fears young Jedi.... ;) :rofl:

EDIT: Just seen someone voted on option 3.... '...what's the point in this poll, fool!' I'm suprised it took so long... :rofl:

*alicia*

Sep 3, 2004
bak in sunny manchester
i love it years ago me an me mum used 2 stand at the door an watch it an dare each other 2 run 2 the end of the garden an bak it was only me who did it i love it wen im wit my mate wen its lightnein coz she scared shitless of it so i kept windin her up sayin its really close she b nere tears hehe

Jiglo

Mar 21, 2005
Wigan
What's not to love about it!?! :thumbsup:

Mind you, I nearly shit my pants when I was up Winter Hill one time in a lightning and snow storm. I've never seen or heard anything like it, before or since :cool:

DJ_ID

Aug 26, 2005
Planet Rock
Well... 82.61% love it... if this is representative then OSA is 'officially' a forum made up mainly of lightning lovers! :thumbsup: :cool:

What can we do with that information? I don't know! But I'm glad that others share my love of high power electricity crackling through the night sky.

BTW... if you want to see something really impressive, then see a lightning storm that's out at sea (best watched from land ;) ) it looks mental as it forks down throught the sky to the sea. :cool:

li'l Sonz

Apr 27, 2005
Manchester
www.myspace.com
i forgot to add that on the way home from holiday ont plane, there was lightenin goin off n sheet..... twas mint, luckily the dude drivin the plane avoided the storm cloud so we could admire the danger from a little bit away!!! lol