Leftfield - Not Forgotten

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Here's Johnny

Nov 29, 2001
Scotland
I've only got the Hard Hands Mix of this on a compilation vinyl series - should it have the long intro as the Original 1990 Outer Rhythm release?

Or is my copy edited - it starts with the synth and the kick drum?

Thanks all

Mike

Jun 21, 2002
Starts off with about 8 bars of the piano / synth on its own, then the beats kick in, then there's a spinback and then the bass line comes in (hope that makes sense) whereas the original version starts with that nice ambient intro and the "What's wrong with these people" sample.

nathan

Sep 6, 2001
north west london
www.cometogether2.co.uk
what's wrong with these people

what's wrong with these people what's wrong with these peoplewhat's wrong with these peoplewhat's wrong with these peoplewhat's wrong with these people. where is this sample from. I prefer hard hands but intro to original is amazing. speaking of intros how good is the intro to the jackass movie haven't laughed so much in ages

Jonno

Jul 15, 2001
Re: what's wrong with these people

nathan said:
what's wrong with these people. where is this sample from.
The sample is from Mississippi Burning, William Defoe says it when they find the black fella who's had his nad's cut off. "Not Forgotten" is written on the grave at the end.

Here's Johnny

Nov 29, 2001
Scotland
Thanks all - I seem to have the full 12" version

I noticed that on one of the old Retrospective of House Series it starts off with the long strings intro (original) before the hard hands mix kicks in - didn't realise it was a "mix".