latest nvidia drivers buggered? (need help!)

Welcome to Old Skool Anthems
The Old Skool Resource. Since 1998.
Join now

Nemesis

Jun 16, 2004
MADchester
www.randombunny.net
well basicly, ive just got doom 3 *drools* but to play it u need the very latest drivers or the game will crash (tells u this in the readme.txt, and yes it does actually crash!) anyway.... so i dled the latest nvidia driver for windows XP geforce series etc

i then started installing the drivers using the automatic setup wizard, n it told me that this driver for my Geforce FX5600XT didnt show a windows XP logo, n was the wrong driver, strongly recommending me to stop installing. however i installed the drivers *rollseyes* as i have always used the windows XP drivers n nvr had any probs in the past, n for the fact that i am actually using XP :p

restarted comp, drivers appear to be working fine, hahahha @ u stupid setup error! so i start up doom 3 all happy doory, then it crashes....:cry: tried it again, crashed again but in a dif place, (few seconds after) so it looked very much like a driver issue, although id just dled the sodding latest drivers >.<

rang my m8 up who got doom today (yesturday too) n he said that his crashed, but when he updated to the latest drivers it worked fine, however hes using a Radeon card, not nvidia, so that was no help =/

tried playing a different game with the drivers, worked fine, so im stumped :( if anyone could give any help id be very greatful, as i really wanna play doom 3 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

lol cheers :thumbsup:

edit: heres a screenshot of the error msg, and also ive just tried the drivers on yet another game, n it says these drivers do not appear to be windows high quality so erm *shrug*

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 90

Myk

Hmm ok bro, that isnt really an error message it is just a warning.

My suggestion would be that you remove from add and remove progs any and all Nvidia stuff, including the NForce drivers we installed from the Asus mobo CD. I am guessing you just left those chipset drivers as they were and they really need updating to the latest Nvidia versions.

Remember to install chipset/mobo drivers before the video drivers, but both will be needed.

Here is a link to the latest chipset drivers http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/4.27/nForce_4.27_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe

You already have the latest vid ones.

Now go ahead and try this out and let me know :thumbsup:

Geeky

Apr 10, 2002
My Doom 3 also randomly crashes using a Radeon 9800 pro with updated drivers.

Maybe the fact we've got a dodgy release 2 weeks early might suggest something :p

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
The Doom 3 thats out is the Beta version if its from the net, its a fkin mess if you ask me, constantly crashes, happens on all 3 PC's back at the flat, not that I give a shit im a BFV freak lol

JAZ

Jul 17, 2001
Norwich
Erm D3 was released the other day in the US cam so its not a beta, as for the game it runs fine on my 9800pro using catylist 4.6 no crashes so far & Im quite a way into it (allthough the game is pretty much a boring shoot & open door clone, no where upto Far Cry standards)

cam

Registered Member
Mar 30, 2003
In a world of my own
JAZ said:
Erm D3 was released the other day in the US cam so its not a beta, as for the game it runs fine on my 9800pro using catylist 4.6 no crashes so far & Im quite a way into it (allthough the game is pretty much a boring shoot & open door clone, no where upto Far Cry standards)

argh is it out now, we had the beta version, Im not a doom fan tbh so no idea when its out hardly played it but the guys I live with are well into it

As for FarCry :thumbsup: however not much is going to live up to that !!!!

Not as keen on the Online game though but the single player was fkin brilliant !!!

Nemesis

Jun 16, 2004
MADchester
www.randombunny.net
Myk said:
Hmm ok bro, that isnt really an error message it is just a warning.

My suggestion would be that you remove from add and remove progs any and all Nvidia stuff, including the NForce drivers we installed from the Asus mobo CD. I am guessing you just left those chipset drivers as they were and they really need updating to the latest Nvidia versions.

Remember to install chipset/mobo drivers before the video drivers, but both will be needed.

Here is a link to the latest chipset drivers http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/4.27/nForce_4.27_WinXP2K_WHQL_english.exe

You already have the latest vid ones.

Now go ahead and try this out and let me know :thumbsup:

have alrdy tried that n it still crashes so ive no idea =/ bah *hits comp*